ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

Im nowhere near a Pens or Flyers fan, but those Stadium Series jerseys for a one game special even aren't that bad.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooof.... those jerseys are a swing and a miss...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the sleeve stripes are angled on the Pens jersey makes me think it's a slight nod to these:

 

154_f_zoom.jpg

 

And of course the Flyers ruin a decent jersey with more contrasting name bar nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Does it mean something? Probably not but you can get a Sharks branded library card and they used the "Stealth Mode" logo 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 11:13 AM, AndrewG70 said:

Based on the images from Lightning practice, along with the previously-leaked blank jersey, this is how I envision the new alternate uniforms will look like.

Lightning2019Alts.png

 

I know teams need to justify having a design department, but the ideal TB alt could be designed by any one of us. 

 

The jersey that everyone wants is black, features the modern logo, avoids the wordmark, and keeps the blue and white as striping throughout.

 

That's ... it.

 

Make that jersey, give the people what they want, and make some nice $$$ from it.

 

It's not that hard.

 

Black jersey. If you love the speckled look, maybe try it for the hanger effect or somewhere minimal.

 

Striping of white/blue/white on the arms and the waist. 

 

Call it a day.

 

You'll look good. You'll differentiate yourselves from the Leafs. You may even have stumbled upon the future primary jersey of your team.

 

Oh well. It's unreal that teams are literally taking money out of their pockets by overthinking the design process and going with substandard gar-bage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reTC5mMABVzKKEm2qGCuX1Pi6ewTEtMYlN3LYka0

 

Sharks wore these for warm-ups last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been so many nice warm up jerseys this year, but I wish they weren’t on a generic practice jersey template.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 11:13 AM, AndrewG70 said:

Based on the images from Lightning practice, along with the previously-leaked blank jersey, this is how I envision the new alternate uniforms will look like.

Lightning2019Alts.png

 

That looks better in concept than it would look on the ice. An acceptable fashion jersey but nothing that should be worn in NHL-sanctioned competition.

 

I like the idea of a black-gray Lightning; those are two colors you associate with a lightning storm, of course (along with white). But this isn't the way to make it look. 

 

And while I'm here, serious question - NHL teams have different colored jerseys, helmets, and socks depending on home-and-road, and even different colors for their alternates. Why are alternate breezers such a rare item, comparatively speaking? Some teams might have a different pant color for their alternates, but every team going back as far as I can remember wears the same breezers home-and-away, even if that means their secondary color is more prominent with their away uniform than their primary color is (i.e. - Rangers wearing red breezers with white jersey, Habs wearing blue with white, etc.). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

 

That looks better in concept than it would look on the ice. An acceptable fashion jersey but nothing that should be worn in NHL-sanctioned competition.

 

I like the idea of a black-gray Lightning; those are two colors you associate with a lightning storm, of course (along with white). But this isn't the way to make it look. 

 

And while I'm here, serious question - NHL teams have different colored jerseys, helmets, and socks depending on home-and-road, and even different colors for their alternates. Why are alternate breezers such a rare item, comparatively speaking? Some teams might have a different pant color for their alternates, but every team going back as far as I can remember wears the same breezers home-and-away, even if that means their secondary color is more prominent with their away uniform than their primary color is (i.e. - Rangers wearing red breezers with white jersey, Habs wearing blue with white, etc.). 

Pant shells historically are rather superfluous and expensive and an additional pain to drag around on the road. It’s simply become established hockey design that every team gets one pants design. It also serves to tie the home and road looks together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

 

And while I'm here, serious question - NHL teams have different colored jerseys, helmets, and socks depending on home-and-road, and even different colors for their alternates. Why are alternate breezers such a rare item, comparatively speaking? Some teams might have a different pant color for their alternates, but every team going back as far as I can remember wears the same breezers home-and-away, even if that means their secondary color is more prominent with their away uniform than their primary color is (i.e. - Rangers wearing red breezers with white jersey, Habs wearing blue with white, etc.). 

 

Most teams also only have one set of gloves, which tend to be the same color as their breezers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 8:30 AM, Brass said:

reTC5mMABVzKKEm2qGCuX1Pi6ewTEtMYlN3LYka0

 

Sharks wore these for warm-ups last night.

Nameplate/captain's patch font is the font they've been using on their marketing stuff for the past few years and the numbers were inline like the Blue Jays... I wonder if this was a test drive for potential changes or just a one-off, it wasn't like there was a particularly special event. Also, the fin logo was absolutely massive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

 

Most teams also only have one set of gloves, which tend to be the same color as their breezers.

 

@Chromatic, appreciate your response to that. As to the above quote, I do understand why this would be the case, because gloves are equipment, and equipment like that usually needs to be broken in, so I can understand why something like this would be the norm. The breezers have always been the one I was curious about. Some teams, in theory, would look better if they wore their home colored jerseys as their road breezers, but seeing as how literally nobody does that, there surely had to be a rationale behind that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

 

Most teams also only have one set of gloves, which tend to be the same color as their breezers.

 

Hockey needs to bring back multi-coloured gloves. mfHLNJWa3iEE2eSffcxhigQ.jpg_cf.jpg.d9dd08b41d95fdf177025744a5eca283.jpgharold-snepsts.jpg_cf.jpg.ee2dd7640f6daedf30a2e94fd6b64e27.jpgbobbycard_82111.jpg_cf.jpg.6bca01f1435100c93c5855dce84a14bc.jpg543540d4f13feead94476a433aed29d1.jpg_cf.jpg.fdffc81bce79fadbe3e8a79d89416bb2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

 

@Chromatic, appreciate your response to that. As to the above quote, I do understand why this would be the case, because gloves are equipment, and equipment like that usually needs to be broken in, so I can understand why something like this would be the norm. The breezers have always been the one I was curious about. Some teams, in theory, would look better if they wore their home colored jerseys as their road breezers, but seeing as how literally nobody does that, there surely had to be a rationale behind that. 

 

VGK is the only team I know of with home/away gloves, but it wouldn’t be hard for others to do this. Hockey gloves aren’t exactly baseball mitts, so they’re not hard to break in. The average player has at least two active sets of gloves so they can switch mid-game when one set gets soaked with sweat. My point is that I think since most team only have one set of breezers, they also use one set of gloves that matches the breezers to balance their look. 

 

2 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

 

Hockey needs to bring back multi-coloured gloves. harold-snepsts.jpg_cf.jpg.ee2dd7640f6daedf30a2e94fd6b64e27.jpg

 

I’m not up on my hockey gloves—are there any current teams like the pictured Canucks that have three-color gloves (not including white)? There are several that have two colors plus white (Rangers, Islanders, Devils) but surprisingly most teams have monochrome gloves (Blackhawks, Bruins, Pens, Canucks, etc.), with the most popular scheme being simple black and white.

 

EDIT: The Wild have three colors on their gloves: a green and red body with the manufacturer logo in cream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

 

VGK is the only team I know of with home/away gloves, but it wouldn’t be hard for others to do this. Hockey gloves aren’t exactly baseball mitts, so they’re not hard to break in. The average player has at least two active sets of gloves so they can switch mid-game when one set gets soaked with sweat. My point is that I think since most team only have one set of breezers, they also use one set of gloves that matches the breezers to balance their look. 

 

 

I’m not up on my hockey gloves—are there any current teams like the pictured Canucks that have three-color gloves (not including white)? There are several that have two colors plus white (Rangers, Islanders, Devils) but surprisingly most teams have monochrome gloves (Blackhawks, Bruins, Pens, Canucks, etc.), with the most popular scheme being simple black and white.

 

EDIT: The Wild have three colors on their gloves: a green and red body with the manufacturer logo in cream.

I don't know why white doesn't count, but in that case no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look for the Lightning third jersey to “come out” next week. I don’t know if that means just officially revealed or the first game use. It will be unchanged from the already leaked photos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DyzzeJ5UwAIYrsI.jpg

 

Looks like we'll be seeing the jerseys tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.