ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Would I be the minority if I said I was a big fan of the Blue Jackets jerseys? 

11 hours ago, 16kid said:

I don’t LOVE them, but I like them. Each change they’ve made has been an upgrade, and all they’re missing IMO is a bolder striping pattern.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, 16kid said:

In the minority by saying you're a big fan, I think. In my opinion they're mostly good. Not a big fan though. I think they could be better.

Leafs Announce Return of St Pats Uniform for Two in March

February 20, 2019 - 15:57 PM

Leafs go Brách! The Toronto Maple Leafs this morning confirmed the club would be bringing back their 1922-25 style Toronto St. Pats throwback uniforms this season, wearing them for two games during the week of St. Patrick’s Day – a […]

Read More...

Really like those uniforms, and they always make me wish the NHL had a kelly green/white team. *cough* Seattle *cough*

Their jerseys are fine, it's their logos that I think have always sucked hard, with possibly the exception of the cannon roundel. 

There's not really anything wrong with Columbus's jerseys but on the other hand I don't see much to love about them either.

2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Really like those uniforms, and they always make me wish the NHL had a kelly green/white team. *cough* Seattle *cough*

Dallas comes close enough for me. I'm more interested in seeing a team rock green and gold now that the Stars abandoned it.

*cough* Seattle *cough*

The Islanders held a team curling event in Calgary yesterday and made a logo for it:

dNmTHha.jpg

On February 18, 2019 at 7:44 PM, 16kid said:

I love the version with black more. Don't ask me why the BFBS worked, but it did. The hem stripes don't get lost in the pants and the three stars on the sleeves add some life.

nashin2003alt.jpg

2 minutes ago, nash61 said:

I love the version with black more. Don't ask me why the BFBS worked, but it did. The hem stripes don't get lost in the pants and the three stars on the sleeves add some life.

nashin2003alt.jpg

Ditching the black was the right move but this photo is precisely why I can't get behind the Blue Jackets current uniforms.  Just highlights how ridiculously thin the striping is.  And why they scaled down the sleeve-stars is anyone's guess.

I agree that I like the Jackets' jerseys in principle and that the black looked horrible, but those stripes definitely need to be less dainty.

It was only a matter of time. Methinks this is just the beginning.

I get the Stadium Series being the *experimental* outdoor game, but dear lord...

42 minutes ago, poser said:

This is interesting 

It works for football because there's minimal interruption across the shell of the helmet. It doesn't work for hockey because there is :censored: ton of interruption across the shell of the helmet.