NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are obviously pretty bad, but it could open the door to some teams having some interesting, well integrated designs on their helmets for special jerseys down the road. Things that aren't just the logo enlarged and slapped on the side.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Kings having a crown, Canucks a toque, Blackhawks feathers, Devils horns, that kind of thing.

The NLL does it, sometimes well, sometimes not so well

33568031410_fdcbd96a0d_k-500x500.jpgPNG1221-warriors-lacross-48-1.jpg?w=840&

Again, I'm not advocating it, I'm sure 9 times out of 10 it will look terrible, but I'm not opposed to teams trying some designs out for one offs like outdoor games.

59 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

If you look at the Flyers helmet, it reminds me of the Eagles helmet. Or at least the logo placement is similar.

I understand Adidas wanted to have a consistent look for both teams, but I kind of wish the Pens only had the logo on one side with the yellow stripe down the middle.

Turns out the Pens helmets are like that, only with no yellow stripe.

D0CoQN8X4AEo_O0?format=jpg&name=large

IbjBaeE.png

I don’t know if there’s a sports design trend I dislike more than the ‘large logo on one side, number on the other side’ that we see here and in every third college football game. 

Flyers, Penguins Wearing Helmets With Giant Logos for Stadium Series

February 23, 2019 - 03:46 AM

If there’s anything we’ve come to expect from the National Hockey League’s Stadium Series it’s that the uniforms will feature something we’ve never seen before. From “chromified” logos to stadium-sized players numbers to white pants with a white jersey, each year […]

Read More...

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

These are obviously pretty bad, but it could open the door to some teams having some interesting, well integrated designs on their helmets for special jerseys down the road. Things that aren't just the logo enlarged and slapped on the side.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Kings having a crown, Canucks a toque, Blackhawks feathers, Devils horns, that kind of thing.

The NLL does it, sometimes well, sometimes not so well

33568031410_fdcbd96a0d_k-500x500.jpgPNG1221-warriors-lacross-48-1.jpg?w=840&

Again, I'm not advocating it, I'm sure 9 times out of 10 it will look terrible, but I'm not opposed to teams trying some designs out for one offs like outdoor games.

You missed the worst one.

San-Diego-Seals-first-game.jpg

Also, Georgia's is incredibly busy, but because they worked with the lines of the helmet, it works.

Swarm-2018-Event-Image-670x350-7a5f5c461

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Surprised it took this long to see "designed" helmets in the NHL. I don't really think the logos work, but wouldn't mind seeing stripes similar to what colleges do.

Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State. I’m not up on my college hockey helmets—anyone I’m missing? It’s not like there are a ton of striped hockey helmets, and those helmets are all derivative of a popular football program. That said, it’s at least 3 more than the NHL.

I think the only NHL I’d like to see a designed helmet for is Calgary. 🔥

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

These helmets are what happens when you try to cater to the Fortnite generation of kids who can’t keep their attention on one thing for more than 10 seconds. Hockey needs to get back to catering to their diehard fans, and not this millenial crap

There's no extra money in diehard fans. Innovation has to continue. Plus it's one game. 

46 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

These helmets are what happens when you try to cater to the Fortnite generation of kids who can’t keep their attention on one thing for more than 10 seconds. Hockey needs to get back to catering to their diehard fans, and not this millenial crap

133SGq9.gif

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, philly97flyer said:

You realize the NHL will need fans in 40 or 50 years, right?

There's quite the disconnect in "Why can't the NHL get better ratings" and "We should only cater to the diehards." 

One day hockey fans will realize Fox was 30 years ahead of its time with digital tracking. 

Anyway, colored helmets (blue, black, navy, et al) always look great in outdoor lighting. Seems like they're super glossy or something. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

You realize the NHL will need fans in 40 or 50 years, right?

There's quite the disconnect in "Why can't the NHL get better ratings" and "We should only cater to the diehards." 

One day hockey fans will realize Fox was 30 years ahead of its time with digital tracking. 

Anyway, colored helmets (blue, black, navy, et al) always look great in outdoor lighting. Seems like they're super glossy or something. 

I’m aware. I don’t understand why it’s difficult to get kids to like sports....for sports, and why we always have to go the extra mile with nonsense.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived