NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

best thing ever, now they need make this there home jersey for good

Congratulations on getting back your team's awesome true look - in the playoffs at least. Since '07, every time my Canucks play the Flames, it's been a matchup of polar opposites: Flames, beautiful crest but a terrible uniform. Canucks, beautiful uniform but a terrible crest. At least, Flames ownership and management are acknowledging the entire Flames fan base and the club's heritage and history. 

I may be a long-suffering Canucks fan but Calgary fans have suffered in their own right. The very best of luck in the playoffs. Maybe, the Flames can capture the Cup at home at the Saddledome in those beautiful 🔥reds🔴.

While it's the better uniform, I'm not a fan of when teams wear 2 completely different styled uniforms for the playoffs. The Penguins and Capitals wore throwbacks during the playoffs and that bothered the hell out of me each time. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, insert name said:

While it's the better uniform, I'm not a fan of when teams wear 2 completely different styled uniforms for the playoffs. The Penguins and Capitals wore throwbacks during the playoffs and that bothered the hell out of me each time. 

I agree with this philosophy.  But for both the Penguins and Flames, I'm willing to set my principles aside.  They just look so darn nice.  And now the Penguins have it back full time.  I hope that's where the Flames go, as well.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I agree with this philosophy.  But for both the Penguins and Flames, I'm willing to set my principles aside.  They just look so darn nice.  And now the Penguins have it back full time.  I hope that's where the Flames go, as well.

well you could see the white jersey be at the outdoor game next season, if that happens maybe season after full retro set?

I was the one of early was hoping for them to go full retro when they had the adidas jersey coming, one of the best jersey in the league.

D16MQfQWwAElfJg.jpg

hvmY186.png

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

Unpopular Opinion: This is the best jersey the Flames have ever worn. The home red during this period had too much black, but a set built around this sweater would be outstanding.

Completely agree.  The touch of black adds the right amount of contrast.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

It seems the opinion on whether the Flames should use or not use black is split 50/50. Personally I think black works great with the Flames. Their away uniforms has the right amount of black used. I wish they can do the same with their home uniforms because it's there that they overdo it. 

XM4KeeA.png

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

My biggest gripe with the Shadow Flames are the numbers. City Bold or City Bold Italic doesn’t lend itself well to three layers (especially when compared with the crest’s stylings).

Agreed. The font selection and color treatment on those is not so good.  But the logo is tremendously improved with the addition of black.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

19 hours ago, insert name said:

It seems the opinion on whether the Flames should use or not use black is split 50/50. Personally I think black works great with the Flames. Their away uniforms has the right amount of black used. I wish they can do the same with their home uniforms because it's there that they overdo it. 

It does seem pretty split, at least among non-Calgarians. If I had my way, I’d keep the home and road black free (not necessarily the throwback design as is, but that color palette for sure), and use the third as a place to experiment with black.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It can work either way and because its different, I'm ok with them not using black if that's where they go from here. I'm sure it'd come back before too long.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, insert name said:

The Canucks wore their 3rds as the home jersey in 2007 playoffs, making it to the 2nd round.  Leading up to the full time return to blue and green the next year. 

This must have really drove you crazy as it was 2 completely different colour schemes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

The Canucks wore their 3rds as the home jersey in 2007 playoffs, making it to the 2nd round.  Leading up to the full time return to blue and green the next year. 

This must have really drove you crazy as it was 2 completely different colour schemes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

What drove me crazy was that they broke the rules that year! Watch the video of their 4OT win in Game 1 vs. Dallas and they were in their standard homes. Then they switched to the thirds starting in Game 7. How did they not get punished for that?

Remember the (Mighty) Ducks the year before wore their alternates at home. I hated that and I felt it would have been unfortunate if they went to the finals wearing those.

57567401-850x560.jpeg&c=sc&w=590&h=389

16 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Thinking the first NHL team to wear their 3rds during the playoffs was the 1996-97 Rangers.  Maybe the Penguins wore their 3rds during the 1997 playoffs as well?

I don’t recall the Rangers (or Bruins) wearing their thirds in the 1996 playoffs, but I’m pretty sure the Pens did in 1997. I believe this pic is after Lemieux’s breakaway goal in game 4 of the 1997 Pens-Flyers series:

lemieux.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived