ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

best thing ever, now they need make this there home jersey for good

 

Congratulations on getting back your team's awesome true look - in the playoffs at least. Since '07, every time my Canucks play the Flames, it's been a matchup of polar opposites: Flames, beautiful crest but a terrible uniform. Canucks, beautiful uniform but a terrible crest. At least, Flames ownership and management are acknowledging the entire Flames fan base and the club's heritage and history. 

 

I may be a long-suffering Canucks fan but Calgary fans have suffered in their own right. The very best of luck in the playoffs. Maybe, the Flames can capture the Cup at home at the Saddledome in those beautiful 🔥reds🔴.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Unpopular Opinion: This is the best jersey the Flames have ever worn. The home red during this period had too much black, but a set built around this sweater would be outstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it's the better uniform, I'm not a fan of when teams wear 2 completely different styled uniforms for the playoffs. The Penguins and Capitals wore throwbacks during the playoffs and that bothered the hell out of me each time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, insert name said:

While it's the better uniform, I'm not a fan of when teams wear 2 completely different styled uniforms for the playoffs. The Penguins and Capitals wore throwbacks during the playoffs and that bothered the hell out of me each time. 

I agree with this philosophy.  But for both the Penguins and Flames, I'm willing to set my principles aside.  They just look so darn nice.  And now the Penguins have it back full time.  I hope that's where the Flames go, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I agree with this philosophy.  But for both the Penguins and Flames, I'm willing to set my principles aside.  They just look so darn nice.  And now the Penguins have it back full time.  I hope that's where the Flames go, as well.

well you could see the white jersey be at the outdoor game next season, if that happens maybe season after full retro set?

 

I was the one of early was hoping for them to go full retro when they had the adidas jersey coming, one of the best jersey in the league.

D16MQfQWwAElfJg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

Unpopular Opinion: This is the best jersey the Flames have ever worn. The home red during this period had too much black, but a set built around this sweater would be outstanding.

 

Completely agree.  The touch of black adds the right amount of contrast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the opinion on whether the Flames should use or not use black is split 50/50. Personally I think black works great with the Flames. Their away uniforms has the right amount of black used. I wish they can do the same with their home uniforms because it's there that they overdo it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest gripe with the Shadow Flames are the numbers. City Bold or City Bold Italic doesn’t lend itself well to three layers (especially when compared with the crest’s stylings).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.