NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

On 3/22/2019 at 2:37 AM, Mr. Krabs said:

Remember the (Mighty) Ducks the year before wore their alternates at home. I hated that and I felt it would have been unfortunate if they went to the finals wearing those.

57567401-850x560.jpeg&c=sc&w=590&h=389

Even earlier than that, the Ducks quietly swapped the thirds with the homes around the midpoint of that season. So they were effectively wearing their "home" uniforms for the playoffs.

Thanks, Burke. <_<

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Mingjai said:

I don’t recall the Rangers (or Bruins) wearing their thirds in the 1996 playoffs, but I’m pretty sure the Pens did in 1997. I believe this pic is after Lemieux’s breakaway goal in game 4 of the 1997 Pens-Flyers series:

lemieux.jpg

This wasn't it, btw. This was:

However, to the broader point, the Penguins did wear those sweaters at least once in that series. 

So there is that.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Mingjai said:

I don’t recall the Rangers (or Bruins) wearing their thirds in the 1996 playoffs, but I’m pretty sure the Pens did in 1997. I believe this pic is after Lemieux’s breakaway goal in game 4 of the 1997 Pens-Flyers series:

lemieux.jpg

These are the best Flyers uniforms BTW

2 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

And how about the Canucks in 2007. Were they ever punished for swapping sets in the playoffs?

Well first off, was that rule even on the books back then and is it even a rule, or just a guideline/direction? Secondly, what kind of punishment would you see fit?

IbjBaeE.png

16 hours ago, Mingjai said:

lemieux.jpg

One of the biggest goals in Pens history, from the 96 playoffs, wearing the thirds.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

Unpopular Opinion: This is the best jersey the Flames have ever worn. The home red during this period had too much black, but a set built around this sweater would be outstanding.

!00% agree with you.  The only truely good look they have had...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

1 hour ago, SHaMROCK said:

!00% agree with you.  The only truely good look they have had...

I prefer their original look.

But those are the second best look they had--minus the flaming snot bald horse.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 3/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

Unpopular Opinion: This is the best jersey the Flames have ever worn. The home red during this period had too much black, but a set built around this sweater would be outstanding.

I'm not sure how unpopular that is, because it seems like people love that set for some reason. I never really liked it at all, but I do think that the white/home that you posted is far and away the best of that set. 

Here's a my unpopular opinion: I actually prefer the diagonal stripes mid-90's Flames jersey over this one. Their "original" is still my favorite of theirs, though. 

On 3/20/2019 at 8:33 AM, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

I really miss this triple-striped collar style.

Those Conference logos got outdated when they updated the Stanley Cup logo in 2008, 2 years after they were introduced. How they’ve managed to hang around for over a decade is beyond me.

The 3 stars on both the Conference and SC Final logo don’t even make sense anymore since they reformatted to 2 divisions. 

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, insert name said:

Those Conference logos got outdated when they updated the Stanley Cup logo in 2008, 2 years after they were introduced. How they’ve managed to hang around for over a decade is beyond me.

Agreed.  I'm glad this SCF design only lasted two years.  Time to send the conference logos to the same trash-bin.

KMyvsas.png9bmzzt3.png

Archived