NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburgh/New York is probably the best overall matchup, but the games in Colorado will be pretty nice too. I don't particularly like the Flames' regular home/away set but they look pretty decent now, without the stupid piping. Plus, the Avs' home unis are perfect.

On 4/8/2019 at 12:10 AM, Morgo said:

nor will I ever appreciate Columbus' overused colour scheme

Huh? The Blue Jackets are the only team in the NHL with a navy home jersey accented in red.

There are only three teams in the NHL that use navy and red, and both the others (Capitals and Panthers) wear red.

Hell, there are only three teams in the NHL now that wear navy at home, period (Jets and Sabres).

It is far from an overused scheme.

6fQjS3M.png

7 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Huh? The Blue Jackets are the only team in the NHL with a navy home jersey accented in red.

That might be true but in the end it's just a variation of the tired, patriotic, red, white and blue scheme that's be done to death.

All 64 Possible 2019 Stanley Cup Final Matchups

April 10, 2019 - 19:10 PM

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here, and if you’re a fan of the 16 teams to qualify you’re pretty pumped for it… I mean, unless you’re a Leafs fan, otherwise you’re dreading yet another series with the Bruins (one of […]

Read More...

I just saw the NHLPA's Twitter account posted this picture today as they promote tonight's series openers:

spacer.png

When I saw the sleeve numbers on the Blues, I realized it was not this year's uniform, but then I noticed they included the updated (white) captain's C on Pietrangelo. 

I have said it before, but I think the NHL should allow teams to designate any set as the "home" uniform for the playoffs. This way teams like Winnipeg or Arizona can wear white to match their fans.

As long as it is communicated ahead of time, it shouldn't cause any equipment logistics issues, as a team like St. Louis would know to pack their blue jerseys/socks/helmets instead of the white. In fact it may make things easier for equipment managers, as they might only need to worry about 1 set for the entire series.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I have said it before, but I think the NHL should allow teams to designate any set as the "home" uniform for the playoffs. This way teams like Winnipeg or Arizona can wear white to match their fans.

As long as it is communicated ahead of time, it shouldn't cause any equipment logistics issues, as a team like St. Louis would know to pack their blue jerseys/socks/helmets instead of the white. In fact it may make things easier for equipment managers, as they might only need to worry about 1 set for the entire series.

I had a thought recently where the NHL would adopt a sweater rule similar to the minor leagues (AHL, ECHL, or both) where theres a point in the season where the rules flip.

Teams start the season as things are right now, with dark and home and white on road (barring any agreements between teams), then after the All Star break it flips to white at home and dark on the road.  Then once playoffs kick in, like @spartacat_12 said teams will designate a "home jersey" whether white. dark, or alternate and would stick with it thru the playoffs.

I'm in favour of darks being worn at home during the season. You should be wearing your colours when you are at a home and the visiting team should be the ones wearing the generic (generic as in all teams have a white jersey) jersey.

Some people here say "whites at home are better so you can see the other team's colours" but speaking as someone who's family has season tickets to the Hitmen where the WHL flips halfway through, I don't care about the other team's colours. I'm not there to see Brandon or Swift Current and I'm not missing out on anything by not seeing Red Deer wearing their darks.

IbjBaeE.png

9 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I'm in favour of darks being worn at home during the season. You should be wearing your colours when you are at a home and the visiting team should be the ones wearing the generic (generic as in all teams have a white jersey) jersey.

Some people here say "whites at home are better so you can see the other team's colours" but speaking as someone who's family has season tickets to the Hitmen where the WHL flips halfway through, I don't care about the other team's colours. I'm not there to see Brandon or Swift Current and I'm not missing out on anything by not seeing Red Deer wearing their darks.

I like the way junior hockey does it.  The flip happens after Christmas.  Good compromising solution to those who want to see their team wear white at home and those that want to see dark at home.

33 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I've never understood the "see other team's colors" argument. As much as I do enjoy the aesthetics of a hockey uniform, I'm ultimately there to see good hockey be played. I could give a :censored: what the teams are wearing at the end of the day as long as I see some good hockey played. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

I've never understood the "see other team's colors" argument. As much as I do enjoy the aesthetics of a hockey uniform, I'm ultimately there to see good hockey be played. I could give a :censored: what the teams are wearing at the end of the day as long as I see some good hockey played. 

Good looking uniforms and good hockey aren’t mutually exclusive. Why not ask for both? It’s kinda the point of this board. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived