NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Are shoulder patches put on by team's individual equipment managers? I ask because of the upside down shoulder patch on Necas's jersey. How does this kind of thing happen?

spacer.png

From everything I've ever seen, jerseys come in form the manufacturer with the crests all sewn on. Team/team customizes may add sponsor patches or anything that is not part of way the jersey ships "standard." With the Hurricane's logo being essentially symmetrical, it's easy to see how someone who was sewing several of these in a row put it on upside down and didn't notice. It would be something else if they put the Penguins logo on upside down, for example, as that's not a logo that could essentially be "either way" if you weren't looking closely.

SEAsig.png

On 3/26/2019 at 5:47 PM, B-mer said:

Hopefully it will make a proper return with the rumored new collar option(s) coming next season

What are the rumored options?? I’ve been worrying a lot about the Blackhawks and what they’ll do to those collars...

To me they just need to complete the thicker collar collar through the NHL logo (for example the background of the NHL logo would be white on the home jerseys, not red). I’m worried they’re going to go with skinny lines and half collars, or even worse ties, but that was before I knew there are rumored other options..

18 hours ago, BHawk said:

What are the rumored options?? I’ve been worrying a lot about the Blackhawks and what they’ll do to those collars...

To me they just need to complete the thicker collar collar through the NHL logo (for example the background of the NHL logo would be white on the home jerseys, not red). I’m worried they’re going to go with skinny lines and half collars, or even worse ties, but that was before I knew there are rumored other options..

They'll hopefully go back to what the collars were like before the adidas takeover

11 hours ago, tohasbo said:

They'll hopefully go back to what the collars were like before the adidas takeover

I think that’s highly unlikely, but then again, I don’t have any more information than you. I think most likely, they will just fill in the white parts on the home jersey red, and the red parts on the road jersey white, or just copy the Senators.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 4/16/2019 at 11:53 PM, throwuascenario said:

Are shoulder patches put on by team's individual equipment managers? I ask because of the upside down shoulder patch on Necas's jersey. How does this kind of thing happen?

spacer.png

At the minor league level its possible.  When I worked for the Brevard County Manatees in 2008, we had to go to a local company to have Brewers patches sewn on the sleeves.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Other teams should follow the Blackhawks and fix their collars too. The red on the Rangers home collar sticks out like a sore thumb. 

I think we should wait until the reveal before we assume the Blackhawks collar is "fixed". For all we know we are getting a half toilet bowl collar. If the team let the collar get downgraded in the first place, we shouldn't trust that any following change is good until proven so.

Just dont make the entire collar a different colour to the jersey. It looks ridiculous. Even the half collars look dumb to me, especially the canucks who dont evn have a thin white collar to connect it to anything. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• 3 weeks later...

Battle of the nitpicks:

I recognize we’re a long way from a Cup matchup, but which change-for-change’s-sake would bother you more to become “canonized”—the Bruins winning the Stanley Cup in black socks or the Blues winning the Stanley Cup with white numbers?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Remind me, what's wrong with the white numbers? I've been watching the Blues for most of this season and I've never considered them, much less found reason for complaint.

The Blues home jerseys had yellow numbers every year of their existence until last year. 

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Remind me, what's wrong with the white numbers?

What's right with them? They always had yellow numbers on royal blue. It looked good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived