NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

Interesting tidbit, the Lightning requested some "storm grey" (their description, not mine) gloves to use in some/a mockup presentation of the new jersey design or designs. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, twi said:

Interesting tidbit, the Lightning requested some "storm grey" (their description, not mine) gloves to use in some/a mockup presentation of the new jersey design or designs. 

Wait...what? The Lightning are getting new unis?

6 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

It could be for their alternate next year, since every team is getting one.

So, you could NOT have an alternate this year, even if you had a successful third jersey and the template was ready to go, but this coming year, YOU HAVE TO have an alt even if you don't want one? Just checking.

5 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

So, you could NOT have an alternate this year, even if you had a successful third jersey and the template was ready to go, but this coming year, YOU HAVE TO have an alt even if you don't want one? Just checking.

Because of the change to Adidas, all third jerseys were discontinued, and it's official that every team is getting one next year whether they had one before or not.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Apparently that is the case, yes. Looks like all teams, including the Devils and Red Wings are also getting an alternate.

Not many certitudes, other than Arizona might be bringing back Kachina as an alt, the Ducks are not changing home/away and the Sharks might be using the circular logo somewhere in the alternate.

It's slightly unusual to know so little this late in the game...right? What's the deal with that? Adidas keeps a tighter lid on unveilings and doesn't delegate to individual teams? Because at this point, they've had a lot of time to make adjustments, no?

3 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Remember that the league didn't have third jerseys for the first year of the Reebok Edge jerseys either, and the next year several teams introduced Edge versions of previous alternates.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 hours ago, NoE38 said:

It could be for their alternate next year, since every team is getting one.

Are you sure?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

22 hours ago, twi said:

Interesting. With the new white glove craze, I could imagine a grey version of their original white uniforms with grey gloves.

10 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I’d say they’re bringing back their 2017 Stadium Series jersey as an alternate. With the 2019 Stadium Series, maybe they’ll have two different black jerseys? I could see them bringing them back like the Penguins did.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

13 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

It's slightly unusual to know so little this late in the game...right? What's the deal with that? Adidas keeps a tighter lid on unveilings and doesn't delegate to individual teams? Because at this point, they've had a lot of time to make adjustments, no?

Usually the most new info comes out in April or so.  New logos (and sometimes new sweaters) are unveiled in June in time for the draft. A lot of alts are unveiled in August.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:18 AM, twi said:

I'd be OK with this.  I've heard talk that since the All Star Atlantic jerseys incorporated the volt color, that we might see that too....but thats all speculation.

On 3/5/2018 at 3:10 PM, Scratcher said:

Apparently that is the case, yes. Looks like all teams, including the Devils and Red Wings are also getting an alternate.

Not many certitudes, other than Arizona might be bringing back Kachina as an alt, the Ducks are not changing home/away and the Sharks might be using the circular logo somewhere in the alternate.

where is this information coming from. did something get leaked?

12 hours ago, squamfan said:

where is this information coming from. did something get leaked?

No. It’s mostly rampant, irresponsible speculation that’s being spread like a playground rumor.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

No. It’s mostly rampant, irresponsible speculation that’s being spread like a playground rumor.

Which part?  The all-teams-getting-alternates speculation?  The info about the Ducks and Sharks has been conditionally confirmed from team sources.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Which part?  The all-teams-getting-alternates speculation?  The info about the Ducks and Sharks has been conditionally confirmed from team sources.

A good rule of thumb is if you can’t substantiate a rumor, it’s best not to spread it, for your own sake. ^_^

Chicago Sun-Times Blackhawks beat writer Mark Lazerus said on his podcast yesterday that the wonky collars on adidas' jerseys will return for the 2018-19 season; apparently, part of the NHL deal was that the rollout designs don't get modified for the first two seasons. He does expect a change in the Blackhawks' "Pilgrim/Veruca Salt" collar to come after that, however.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived