NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

I was a big fan of the Rangers-Kings Finals from 2014. I'm a sucker for a series where the teams don't share a single colour, and the bright Rangers look contrasted nicely against the greyscale Kings look.

spacer.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one hate the rangers and bruins for sure. I was a big fan of the image above (rangers v kings), but reversed it wasn’t my favorite (kings in black). My favorite in recent memory has to be this one. I know I’m in the minority but I really like vancouvers set as a whole. Wish they went full stick in rink but the matchup looked great, especially when played in Vancouver

https://images.app.goo.gl/AimpFxpXVzwvz6Bp8

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I think NYR-LA looked good too, and VAN-BOS as well. For the Blues-Bruins series, I just think both teams have very strong looks and that seems to be rare in Cup Finals of recent years, despite how people feel about the yellow socks and white numbers. The other two series contrasted better but both LA and Vancouver have flawed, and somewhat messy sets. 

The Blues and Bruins would look great in any series whereas the Kings needed a classic and very contrasted opponent to make them look good.

Sorry but I'm still not over "this"Image result for la kings logoThe crown alone as the primary like the previous unis would have been fine. This is coming from a guy loved the yellow/purple years. Sorry ....just had to vent.

20 minutes ago, joekono said:

The crown alone as the primary like the previous unis would have been fine. This is coming from a guy loved the yellow/purple years. Sorry ....just had to vent.

I agree with you there; the solo crown was a gorgeous logo, one of my favourites in the league. At the size it's at in the current logo, the hockey sticks at the top get lost and it overall just looks more like what you'd see on a pennant or decal instead of on the team's actual jersey.

I mean, I also was a sucker for the purple, but I can live without that if they just had the crown as their primary logo again.

2 hours ago, joekono said:

Sorry but I'm still not over "this"Image result for la kings logoThe crown alone as the primary like the previous unis would have been fine. This is coming from a guy loved the yellow/purple years. Sorry ....just had to vent.

I think the Kings ''home plate'' logo is a nod to the 90s Chevrolet logo:

LA-Kings-logo400.jpg

And even looking further in their history book, I didn't know this at first, but I found out that the Kings have been using a shield primary logo since day 1.

These were the official primaries, when they were in the purple and gold era:

rrgfl0ixn5mpqhfcp7l5mgl5y.gif iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq.gif

The standalone crown was, deceivably, always the secondary logo, even though they always used them as their crest.

Los-Angeles-Kings-Throwback-Retro-Yellow

Just got back to this look. It is the only NHL team to have that colour scheme, It is a nice looking uniform but the Gretzky era black and silver is too weak to be on it's own. It's boring. Bland even. Add the purple and now you are getting somewhere. 

Kings34.png

zyyMk1d.png

15 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

Just got back to this look. It is the only NHL team to have that colour scheme, It is a nice looking uniform but the Gretzky era black and silver is too weak to be on it's own. It's boring. Bland even. Add the purple and now you are getting somewhere. 

Kings34.png

I think you meant to post this one, minus the Los Angeles.  I'm actually fine with what they got now, though I wished they had fixed the home to match the road.  Even the current logo would be okay if not for the font.  And, I actually do like their grey alternate.  If they were to change it, it should be purple.

spacer.png

On 5/22/2019 at 1:21 AM, Bayne said:

How ANYONE could say that the Sharks road unis are anything other than flat out ugly is beyond me. So weak and boring. Im almost glad the blues made the final simply on this alone. Almost. Im also just glad they made it and the sharks didnt because thats just how i roll.

Not my ideal Sharks uniform, but here's a quick fix that would really help IMO.

D7hYQUDX4AIdWI9.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I think adding some black and orange striping to the bottom of the jersey could also look pretty nice, personally. As it is, the white is a bit dominant in the body with little else to contrast besides the logo and yoke.

26 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Still needs a hemstripe, shame that would slow the players down by .00000000000002%

I agree. Without a hemstripe of some kind, having half the sleeves be teal looks unbalanced in my eyes. 

On 5/25/2019 at 4:10 PM, habsfan1 said:

I think the Kings ''home plate'' logo is a nod to the 90s Chevrolet logo:

LA-Kings-logo400.jpg

And even looking further in their history book, I didn't know this at first, but I found out that the Kings have been using a shield primary logo since day 1.

These were the official primaries, when they were in the purple and gold era:

rrgfl0ixn5mpqhfcp7l5mgl5y.gif iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq.gif

The standalone crown was, deceivably, always the secondary logo, even though they always used them as their crest.

Los-Angeles-Kings-Throwback-Retro-Yellow

Those purple and gold uniforms were beautiful.

The Kings' black and silver looked much better with old Chevrolet logo. As a jersey crest, I would go back to the classic crown by itself. All the silver in the crown would stand out nicely on both the blacks and whites.

1 hour ago, joepro said:

I think I should have been clearer. The uniwatch item was talking about how they put the wrong socks on the mannequin. That’s all, just though you guys would like to see how it looks.

We already know how it looks, from the past ~50 years… 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived