NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

36 minutes ago, bleuet said:

The Flames were the first team to wear those jersey stripes to my knowledge.

They went somewhere else in the Reebok redo. You ask what I think? Those stripes are way  too cool they should have keep it.

Hey, if it means the end of the wacky side panels and flags, I'm all for it. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2018 at 10:16 AM, Morgo said:

Red, yellow and black is an ugly colour scheme?  Maybe if you include all the colours on the Alberta-clash-patch but otherwise I just don't see it.

It's garish to me. Maybe ugly is the wrong word.

It just reminds me of car decorations like this, which always make me want to vomit inside.

s-l1000.jpg

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

2 hours ago, Bayne said:

It just reminds me of car decorations like this, which always make me want to vomit inside.

s-l1000.jpg

this is BAD AZZ!!! Don't get too close to the paint job. Ya might get burned 

btw.. 

2 hours ago, Bayne said:

Nah it's the right word.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

23 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Flames should take the side panels and use that as their waist/sleeve striping pattern 

Kinda like this, except with just the flaming C on the front?  Get rid of the stripes on the pants and I could live with that.  Bringing back the pre-edge jersey would be the best choice, replacing the horse shoulder logo (which I really don't have a problem with) with the shoulder logo from this jersey.  I'm actually quite surprise that Calgary didn't switch to these full time considering the dislike of their current set.  Do people in Calgary really like those abominations?  

curtis-glencross-nhl-new-jersey-devils-c

3 minutes ago, M4One said:

Kinda like this, except with just the flaming C on the front?  Get rid of the stripes on the pants and I could live with that.  Bringing back the pre-edge jersey would be the best choice, replacing the horse shoulder logo (which I really don't have a problem with) with the shoulder logo from this jersey.  I'm actually quite surprise that Calgary didn't switch to these full time considering the dislike of their current set.  Do people in Calgary really like those abominations?  

curtis-glencross-nhl-new-jersey-devils-c

might be one of the few people, but I HATE that shoulder patch. The flags are a better choice for the jersey than that is.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

8 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

might be one of the few people, but I HATE that shoulder patch. The flags are a better choice for the jersey than that is.

You must not be feeling well if you think the flags are a better choice, even if you don't like that patch.  

1 hour ago, DiePerske said:

1112-cgy3rd-concepts.png

They are a couple of non-roundel choices that might have worked. I'm partial to the cowboy hat and the "flaming C + F" myself.

13 minutes ago, insert name said:

Why do people hate the flags so much?

Because they usually clash with the colors of the uniform and make no sense. We all know you’re in Calgary, Alberta....you’re the Calgary Flames.

16 minutes ago, insert name said:

Because they're tacky, lazy and compromise the teams colour palette.  The Flames are a Red, Yellow, Black and White team.  They do not need a giant swath of blue on their shoulders with bits of green, it looks terrible.  There's also the arrogance factor of representing Canada and Alberta when they're not the only team who plays there.

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

1112-cgy3rd-concepts.png

They are a couple of non-roundel choices that might have worked. I'm partial to the cowboy hat and the "flaming C + F" myself.

Honestly, except for the roundel ones, they all look they belong in the 70's or even before that.

3 hours ago, insert name said:

While there's nothing wrong with showing civic or national pride, how the Flames went about it was pretty damn lazy, and more importantly, messed up the aesthetics of their jersey.  Then again, considering how crappy the Flames jersey is, I guess they were perfect.  When the Coyotes do something right, then you know Calgary messed up big time.

PhoenixCoyotesAlternate.png

16 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I hate to ridicule someone’s opinion, but I legitimately think you’re crazy for saying that.

12 hours ago, M4One said:

Honestly, except for the roundel ones, they all look they belong in the 70's or even before that.

Which is by design, since the Flames franchise was born in the early 1970s. That work also draws heavily from western prairie textile design motifs as well as cowboy, ranch, and cattle branding aesthetics. It brings some of the region into it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/22/2018 at 1:51 AM, Bayne said:

s-l1000.jpg

Those stupid things always remind me of Deal of the Century.

Language slightly NFSW,

Archived