NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Any idea on alternate sweaters for next year?  What teams and when they would be released?

Nothing official, but I would assume no earlier than July to clear the current playoffs.  

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Which is by design, since the Flames franchise was born in the early 1970s. That work also draws heavily from western prairie textile design motifs as well as cowboy, ranch, and cattle branding aesthetics. It brings some of the region into it.

Thanks for clearing that up.  Here I thought they were going for a modern touch, but accidentally came up with a 70's vibe.  

Either way, the logos they came up with don't belong on any jersey, modern or retro.  They aren't necessarily bad, but they don't have the look of a hockey logo.  I don't care what might have been okay in the past.  

On 4/23/2018 at 2:37 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Nothing official, but I would assume no earlier than July to clear the current playoffs.  

Icethetics had a piece up about 2018 unis, but it's mostly speculative. Nothing definitive is really out there. The one exception we know is the Flyers are going with a black third, possibly one from a recent outdoor game. That's really the only thing known at this point...which is slightly strange.

It sounds like teams will keep their primary and away sweaters for the 17-18 and 18-19 seasons, at which point they can begin making alterations, but a majority of the league will have thirds this coming season...

On 4/22/2018 at 6:20 PM, insert name said:

Why do people hate the flags so much?

I don't dislike all of them, but the majority of state and city flags are horrible. A few are really good, but lots are a cluttered mess, just have a state seal or a mixture of both. As for the flag on the Flames jersey, it completely clashes with their color scheme and it just doesn't look good. I think the Orioles flag patch works. ff_2202189_full.jpg&w=340

On 4/23/2018 at 2:37 PM, AstroBull21 said:

33 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Icethetics had a piece up about 2018 unis, but it's mostly speculative. Nothing definitive is really out there. The one exception we know is the Flyers are going with a black third, possibly one from a recent outdoor game. That's really the only thing known at this point...which is slightly strange.

It sounds like teams will keep their primary and away sweaters for the 17-18 and 18-19 seasons, at which point they can begin making alterations, but a majority of the league will have thirds this coming season...

Maybe the draft as well?  

I did hear a rumour from a Capitals rep over the winter at their team store say that the 18-26 teams could have a third jersey of some sort.  My only hope is that for the Capitals it is not that POS they wore for the Stadium Series game back in March

Advertising Creep is on the march.  If you thought the extra on ice advertising at the NHL ASG was a trial balloon, you'd be correct, and it is being adopted full time starting next year.

https://twitter.com/byIanThomas/status/988424758919299072

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/04/23/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/NHL-inventory.aspx

2 hours ago, RedRenesis said:

Advertising Creep is on the march.  If you thought the extra on ice advertising at the NHL ASG was a trial balloon, you'd be correct, and it is being adopted full time starting next year.

https://twitter.com/byIanThomas/status/988424758919299072

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/04/23/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/NHL-inventory.aspx

Well that’s gonna suck.

The trapezoid and the red line make it look like the advertisers have their own sections of the rink, like you get more points if you score from the Pepsi Generation Next Corner.

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I'd rather have jersey ads than the on ice ads.

As long as they don't get crazy like in Europe, I'll take the ads behind the goal line over the jersey.  Eventually, the ads will become normal just like the rest of the ads on the boards, or even the ones that are projected into the glass.  

1 hour ago, M4One said:

As long as they don't get crazy like in Europe, I'll take the ads behind the goal line over the jersey.  Eventually, the ads will become normal just like the rest of the ads on the boards, or even the ones that are projected into the glass.  

You know that’s CGI right? And that people at the game can’t see that, since it is being projected onto the glass?

59 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

You know that’s CGI right? And that people at the game can’t see that, since it is being projected onto the glass?

Yes, I know it's CGI, which is why I said projected onto the glass.

Archived