NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

4 hours ago, M4One said:

Yes, I know it's CGI, which is why I said projected onto the glass.

Well that wouldn’t imply that you knew it was CGI, but just double checking. You never know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, fonz said:

Adidas Alternates Catalog list

jjHeUMT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

That's nice, but I think having 18 teams with the same white jerseys with the word "Confidential" will get pretty confusing :P

But seriously, I assume this legit, right?

3 hours ago, Logoform said:

That's nice, but I think having 18 teams with the same white jerseys with the word "Confidential" will get pretty confusing :P

But seriously, I assume this legit, right?

My first thought is that it is legit, but an older copy of the catalog...

It's weird how some team names are just the nickname, and some are full names (Colorado Avalanche, Winnipeg Jets). And it's also weird that in an adidas catalog, they still use PCY as the abbreviation for the Coyotes. You'd think adidas would no longer refer to anything as Phoenix...no real reason it's not ACY for the Arizona Coyotes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's weird how some team names are just the nickname, and some are full names (Colorado Avalanche, Winnipeg Jets). 

And stranger still that they’re alphabetized that way.  “Colorado Avalanche” comes between “Capitals” and “Coyotes”.  “Blue Jackets” is the first item on our alphabetized list, and “Winnipeg Jets” the last.  :blink: 

Haven’t seen an adidas catalog yet to comment on that specific image, but that’s the frustration of ordering this stuff. No idea what it looks like when orders due. Particularly frustrating for things like the Olympics, outdoor and event games, all-star stuff, etc. 

Heck, orders are due today or tomorrow for Conference and Cup champs apparel! $40 t-shirt that we only vaguely know what it will look like, weeeeeeeee! 

It's odd because the Stars have been saying for a few years now to expect an alternate this season.

And didn't Adidas say every team would get an alternate?

There was a quick rumor around Tampa Bay close to the All Star Weekend that the Lightning could consider including colors like gray or volt yellow in an alternate, but I don't know how true the thoughts were.

54 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

And didn't Adidas say every team would get an alternate?

No. This is the unintended consequence of others posting unsubstantiated “reports.” It inevitably leads to good, reliable people misinterpreting, miscrediting, or misremembering where the info came from. :P

No no offense to you, of course.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/17/2018 at 5:14 AM, Gothamite said:

And stranger still that they’re alphabetized that way.  “Colorado Avalanche” comes between “Capitals” and “Coyotes”.  “Blue Jackets” is the first item on our alphabetized list, and “Winnipeg Jets” the last.  :blink: 

The Avs/Jets/ and Predators must have their location name along with their mascot name, per the NHL. 

Archived