Jump to content

NHL 2018-19


ldconcepts
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, fonz said:

Adidas Alternates Catalog list

 

jjHeUMT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

That's nice, but I think having 18 teams with the same white jerseys with the word "Confidential" will get pretty confusing :P

 

But seriously, I assume this legit, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Logoform said:

 

That's nice, but I think having 18 teams with the same white jerseys with the word "Confidential" will get pretty confusing :P

 

But seriously, I assume this legit, right?

 

My first thought is that it is legit, but an older copy of the catalog...

 

It's weird how some team names are just the nickname, and some are full names (Colorado Avalanche, Winnipeg Jets). And it's also weird that in an adidas catalog, they still use PCY as the abbreviation for the Coyotes. You'd think adidas would no longer refer to anything as Phoenix...no real reason it's not ACY for the Arizona Coyotes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's weird how some team names are just the nickname, and some are full names (Colorado Avalanche, Winnipeg Jets). 

 

And stranger still that they’re alphabetized that way.  “Colorado Avalanche” comes between “Capitals” and “Coyotes”.  “Blue Jackets” is the first item on our alphabetized list, and “Winnipeg Jets” the last.  :blink: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven’t seen an adidas catalog yet to comment on that specific image, but that’s the frustration of ordering this stuff. No idea what it looks like when orders due. Particularly frustrating for things like the Olympics, outdoor and event games, all-star stuff, etc. 

 

Heck, orders are due today or tomorrow for Conference and Cup champs apparel! $40 t-shirt that we only vaguely know what it will look like, weeeeeeeee! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's odd because the Stars have been saying for a few years now to expect an alternate this season.

 

And didn't Adidas say every team would get an alternate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a quick rumor around Tampa Bay close to the All Star Weekend that the Lightning could consider including colors like gray or volt yellow in an alternate, but I don't know how true the thoughts were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

And didn't Adidas say every team would get an alternate?

 

No. This is the unintended consequence of others posting unsubstantiated “reports.” It inevitably leads to good, reliable people misinterpreting, miscrediting, or misremembering where the info came from. :P

 

No no offense to you, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2018 at 5:14 AM, Gothamite said:

 

And stranger still that they’re alphabetized that way.  “Colorado Avalanche” comes between “Capitals” and “Coyotes”.  “Blue Jackets” is the first item on our alphabetized list, and “Winnipeg Jets” the last.  :blink: 

The Avs/Jets/ and Predators must have their location name along with their mascot name, per the NHL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.