NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not as big on the Kachina set as some are here, but a combination of the current logo and the original set, but with the colours slightly brighter, wouldn't be a bad thing.  Certainly better than what they have now.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:55 PM, PhysicalGraffiti said:

Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions section, but I really liked the black Coyotes thirds from a few years back:

Phoenix_Coyotes_goalie_Mike_Smith_201311

I 100% agree. I actually prefer the full bodied coyote over the "blind" coyote head they use as their primary. It's really too bad that the Coyotes organization has been such a mess for so many years. I feel like they've had a lot of opportunities to create a solid brand, but they just keep stumbling along. The new thirds will be the first opportunity for the new ownership to put their mark on the brand...here's hoping they make the most of it.

1 minute ago, Thaumatrope said:

I 100% agree. I actually prefer the full bodied coyote over the "blind" coyote head they use as their primary. It's really too bad that the Coyotes organization has been such a mess for so many years. I feel like they've had a lot of opportunities to create a solid brand, but they just keep stumbling along. The new thirds will be the first opportunity for the new ownership to put their mark on the brand...here's hoping they make the most of it.

Oh come on. That full body coyote logo is nothing short of weak and forgettable. There's nothing iconic about it; it's barely an interesting secondary logo. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

Oh come on. That full body coyote logo is nothing short of weak and forgettable. There's nothing iconic about it; it's barely an interesting secondary logo. 

Compared to the kachina logo (and jerseys) everything the Coyotes have put out is weak and forgettable. I said I liked the full bodied coyote better than the coyote head...I didn't say it was great. 

The coyote body is a bad logo but otherwise that uniform was their best. I particularly appreciated the bold choice to use red helmets and breezers with black sweaters and socks, breaking the unofficial rule that black sweaters require black breezers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Chris from Icethetics has reported on the Islanders' upcoming third jersey...

https://www.icethetics.co/jerseywatch/

A confidential source has told me about some details to look for: orange sweater, blue shoulders, and the "NY" crest from the black jersey.

https://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2018/5/29/coming-to-the-island

This concept from Scott Dempsey — designed almost a year ago, in fact — nearly nailed it. It's orange with the "NY" crest. Just try to imagine blue shoulders instead of blue sleeves and we might be on to something. Stay tuned.

?format=1500w

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

7 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Chris from Icethetics has reported on the Islanders' upcoming third jersey...

With Lou Lamoriello running the show the only place those wind up is in the team store, but an orange alternate > black alternate any day.  :lol:

2 hours ago, insert name said:

Are the mid-2000s orange sets their best alternative uniform by default?

The traffic-cone jerseys were garish and poorly thought out.  From the unnecessary shoulder yokes to the lazy logo and sock treatment.  This was their best alternate jersey.  Fix the back numbers and put the primary logo on both shoulders and there's nothing wrong with it.  Unpopular opinion: the chrome treatment looks great here (unlike the other Stadium Series logos).

zWutHeI.jpg

On 5/18/2018 at 8:44 PM, mafiaman said:

Never did understand the love-fest for that jersey and logo.  Just hideous.  The Gorton's Fish Sticks of the west.

I know, what were they thinking trying to be unique and creative and paying homage to the local native art?

The Isles, man. We sure have a colored (no pun intended) history with third jerseys.

I think as long as the orange is muted a little bit, it'll work really nicely. Like others have said, the striping will be key. You don't want them looking like traffic cones again out there (even though that was appropriate for last year's defense).

And my Isles third uni ranking is:

1) 2014 Stadium Series

2) 2003 orange

3) 2015 black

4) "Wave" (fisherman template with original logo, which was technically an alt before it was a primary)

5) 2012 black

The one thing i will say about the 2015 black is that it fixed the 'NY' mark by shortening and rounding it off, where it's elongated and kind of clunky on the stadium series jersey.The '12 black was maybe one of the least inspired and ill-fitting jerseys (identify wise) of all time in any sport.

Archived