NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

On 12/15/2017 at 10:00 AM, the admiral said:

The logo needs tweaks, namely how the embroidered Indian Head is copper while the graphic presentation is a sickly yellow-orange.

Speaking of graphic presentations, how are we going on 30 years of an incorrect secondary logo being used for the Blackhawks almost everywhere except their jerseys?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

Speaking of graphic presentations, how are we going on 30 years of an incorrect secondary logo being used for the Blackhawks almost everywhere except their jerseys?

Tell me about it. I have some CCM 550's from the mid 90s that use the incorrect secondary logo, and they never made a correction (with a few minor exceptions)--at least Reebok fixed that on their Premier jerseys. Anyone happen know the origin of the incorrect logo?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Tell me about it. I have some CCM 550's from the mid 90s that use the incorrect secondary logo, and they never made a correction (with a few minor exceptions)--at least Reebok fixed that on their Premier jerseys. Anyone happen know the origin of the incorrect logo?

There are several teams whose crests don't match their print logos. Kills me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

25 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

So it's essentially using a sans-serif C right? I don't know if I've ever noticed the wrong logo before.

Yes, and the "incorrect" C has a much flatter profile (similar to the Bears C aspect ratio, but without the "tail"). Also the X's representing the string holding the tomahawks together are very different.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

So the Islanders won the right to develop Belmont and are heading out of Brooklyn.  Anyone want to bet they'll leave the black alternates behind?

Probably. They have a reason to develop an all-new hedious alternate now. 

I don’t think there’s a team with a track record of worse alternate sweaters than the Islanders. 

On 12/13/2017 at 4:04 PM, JQK said:

Let's hope not.

This current regime has already shown they know nothing of proper hockey aesthetics...

The Devils third jersey will not be a reproduction of the original red/green sweaters. At the risk of being dismissed, I will just say that I've seen the concepts. Please don't ask me about my source, I cannot divulge that information. The primary alternate has no green, but they are definitely sweet. I'm very excited for them and I have put off buying a new jersey until next year.

I say primary because I was also told their might be two alternates, but I cannot confirm that.

FWIW, I was very skeptical of the new jerseys when they were released, but I think they look great on the ice.

1 hour ago, Soma said:

The Devils third jersey will not be a reproduction of the original red/green sweaters. At the risk of being dismissed, I will just say that I've seen the concepts. Please don't ask me about my source, I cannot divulge that information. The primary alternate has no green, but they are definitely sweet. I'm very excited for them and I have put off buying a new jersey until next year.

I say primary because I was also told their might be two alternates, but I cannot confirm that.

FWIW, I was very skeptical of the new jerseys when they were released, but I think they look great on the ice.

What makes them sweet? What do you like about them?

Teams can have 4 jerseys in their rotation? Wooohoo free-for-all.

Archived