NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/25/2018 at 2:23 AM, M4One said:

I don't think it was so much the Coyotes making a bold decision and more going the cheap route.  

Counting down the days until we see the return of this jersey.  Totally forgotten about them.

653550.jpg

Huh, will this one also be back? Thought it was the other one

6 hours ago, skip88 said:

Huh, will this one also be back? Thought it was the other one

It is the other one. People are also wishing for the desert scene alt to come back.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:14 AM, Demonkah said:

Regarding Yotes "new" 3rd jersey. I've always thought the coyote were simply better with just the head instead of the skating coyote. So I did a comparison between them two
RUEvH78.png

I personaly think #1 is better than #2

I said the same thing earlier in this thread. Great minds think alike

10 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

I'm a bit late on this, but I haven't seen text layout this bad since that SmashBurger ad that went viral last fall: 
nPFLh7p.jpg

I got a nosebleed trying to read that. 

On 6/26/2018 at 12:03 PM, ldconcepts said:

Chris has said that the one team on the leaked list that won't have one is the Canucks.

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Disappointing, where did he say that?

This may be disappointing but this also tells me that something a lot bigger is on the horizon for the Canucks' 50th anniversary in 2019-20. And if it is, we will find out next June at the 2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver. 

On 6/26/2018 at 5:55 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

That's really a stretch.  A horizontal stripe evokes the vertical shoulder stripe?  I have to call you out on this one.  If you want to say that it keeps with the "no outlines on trim" theme, then OK.  But I just don't understand how even "Nike speak" could claim that a arm band evokes the shoulder treatment.

I kinda get all your other points.  I also think that they are a bit of a stretch, but I can at least understand that point of view.  Not the stript thing though.

For me, it’s mainly that it’s a solid color panel. There’s no fiddling with trimming the panels in the third color like they did in the previous eras or on the Winter Classic jersey, which is what departs from the trademark Flyers look for me.

I also see the sleeve and shoulder as kind of two design elements fused together into one, and from some angles, you can see the sleeve bands but not where they turn up into the shoulder stripe.

usa-samuel-morin-flyers.jpg?itok=XKBPvhH

9_13_2017_FlyersvsIslanders_rookies_cred

This is one of the reasons the base design of the 50th jersey still worked for me. Even though the shoulder bands weren’t present, the familiar forearm construction still made the jersey feel like the Flyers because the big orange band followed by the black sleeve dip is such an integral part of their look.

A black jersey with the full orange sleeve and shoulder swoop looks a bit ridiculous because I feel the success there hinges on the balance of orange, white and black (and it would likely overpower the austere look of the outlined logo and numbers), so the plain bands without the shoulder portion are simply a purposeful alteration of the full design to work in the context of the jersey.

Maybe saying it evokes the design of the main uniform is a bad way to put it, but I definitely feel this jersey (and sock, which I forgot to mention!) fits the Flyers’ aesthetic, with purposeful edits to not only work in context and maximize the purpose of the colors, but also to make it just unique enough from the home and road to keep the set interesting.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

For me, it’s mainly that it’s a solid color panel. There’s no fiddling with trimming the panels in the third color like they did in the previous eras or on the Winter Classic jersey, which is what departs from the trademark Flyers look for me.

I also see the sleeve and shoulder as kind of two design elements fused together into one, and from some angles, you can see the sleeve bands but not where they turn up into the shoulder stripe.

usa-samuel-morin-flyers.jpg?itok=XKBPvhH

9_13_2017_FlyersvsIslanders_rookies_cred

This is one of the reasons the base design of the 50th jersey still worked for me. Even though the shoulder bands weren’t present, the familiar forearm construction still made the jersey feel like the Flyers because the big orange band followed by the black sleeve dip is such an integral part of their look.

A black jersey with the full orange sleeve and shoulder swoop looks a bit ridiculous because I feel the success there hinges on the balance of orange, white and black (and it would likely overpower the austere look of the outlined logo and numbers), so the plain bands without the shoulder portion are simply a purposeful alteration of the full design to work in the context of the jersey.

Maybe saying it evokes the design of the main uniform is a bad way to put it, but I definitely feel this jersey (and sock, which I forgot to mention!) fits the Flyers’ aesthetic, with purposeful edits to not only work in context and maximize the purpose of the colors, but also to make it just unique enough from the home and road to keep the set interesting.

I see what you mean. I’m warming up to them, but I can’t get past the massive numbers. Can you confirm whether they’re still there on the Adidas version?

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

I see what you mean. I’m warming up to them, but I can’t get past the massive numbers. Can you confirm whether they’re still there on the Adidas version?

Honestly, I’d expect it to be identical, but I’m not positive.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 6/26/2018 at 2:42 PM, habsfan1 said:

Posting this because it's one of the most beautiful concepts I have seen all year!

0620-jackphillips-fla.png

Get rid of the pant stripes as they don't really match up with the rest of the jersey, otherwise a beauty.

4 hours ago, M4One said:

Get rid of the pant stripes as they don't really match up with the rest of the jersey, otherwise a beauty.

It would look nice for the shorts to have an asymmetrical red-white-blue-gold stripe, with a wider gold stripe, to echo the sleeves.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

The desert alternate is the best of those three even though it is too loud. 

I'd like the desert alt better if it didn't have such an unnatural angle between the green top and the desert scene on the bottom. Maybe if the jersey were just all black, with the desert scene on the bottom and the sleeves.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

48 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I'd like the desert alt better if it didn't have such an unnatural angle between the green top and the desert scene on the bottom. Maybe if the jersey were just all black, with the desert scene on the bottom and the sleeves.

VJON91I.jpg

Here's a quick mockup and I reversed the socks as well. I think it looks much better this way.

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

Archived