NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

4 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Not a single third jersey so far has a version of a half collar. If Adidas has actually learned from its mistakes, will we see teams adjust them in 2019?

It's the NFL toilet bowl collar all over again

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bowld said:

It's the NFL toilet bowl collar all over again

This was one of the worst things about the Adidas switchover from an aesthetic perspective. 

Teams were finally figuring out how to make unique and distinct collars work with the Reebok template. 

Then the Adidas template set everyone back. So teams have to go through that process all over again. 

I bet some teams start introducing new home and away jerseys as early as 2019-20, to further flush out some of the Edge era designs and/or fix their collars. I think the Flyers, Isles, Sabres and Oilers all made their 3rd jersey their Home jersey in Reebok’s third season, and then introduced a matching away the next season (Oilers waited an extra year). Also the Panthers, Kings, Preds and the Leafs all changed their jerseys pretty quickly too. 

14 hours ago, Cosmic said:

So we have a black/yellow team versus a black/orange team, and the logo is mostly navy blue?

I think they tried to have the game played at Penn State so maybe thats why?

13 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I think they tried to have the game played at Penn State so maybe thats why?

Tried, like they didn't actually succeed at that? *Googles to see the game is in Philly* OITGDNHL

58 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Tried, like they didn't actually succeed at that? *Googles to see the game is in Philly* OITGDNHL

I think they wanted to and Penn State already winterizes the stadium and its not available for use or something like that...

On 7/27/2018 at 1:33 PM, AstroBull21 said:

I think they wanted to and Penn State already winterizes the stadium and its not available for use or something like that...

Probably, but OITGDNHL would a logo be designed for a special venue game before the venue had been secured. 

13 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Not a single third jersey so far has a version of a half collar. If Adidas has actually learned from its mistakes, will we see teams adjust them in 2019?

I hope this is true, but I think we have to wait until more teams release their alternates to determine whether teams/Adidas is fixing the stupid collar.  So far, three out of the four teams that have officially released their alternates have a shoulder yoke.  I thought that most, but not all, jerseys with one had the better looking collars (as bad as they still are).  Still don't know how anyone at Adidas thought they looked good at all.

Hey, this may be a little off topic, but I may have better luck than making a new thread. Does anyone have any information about the one off game in the 93-94 season where the Hawks and Wings wore their 91-92 throwback jerseys? Did other teams revisit their 75th anniversary jerseys following that initial season? 

7 hours ago, Ark said:

Yeah, like this

cut.jpg

Needs more orange to be a great Flyers’ jersey, unless there’s a really good reason for them to look like a black and white team from the stands.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Needs more orange to be a great Flyers’ jersey, unless there’s a really good reason for them to look like a black and white team from the stands.

The really good reason is that it's an alternate (or it was supposed to be). This is the main uniform

a0KZ5rc.jpg

1 hour ago, Ark said:

The really good reason is that it's an alternate (or it was supposed to be). This is the main uniform

a0KZ5rc.jpg

Exactly. That’s why I think the current one is a better third than the one you posted. Rather than relegating the team’s main color to an afterthought with a thoughtless color swap, it retains a significant place in the hierarchy while also looking markedly different than the main set.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe the previous alternate doesn't have enough orange but the new one doesn't have enough white.  This short lived primary from 2007 achieves an ideal colour balance in my opinion.  It's too bad the sleeve design looks so weird from the side because from this angle it looks really nice.

KxhoY58.jpg

Archived