NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all a fan of hockey teams wearing black as a primary.  I'll waive a few uniforms, I guess, but black looks mostly terrible contrasted against the whitish-blue ice playing surface.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 hours ago, CS85 said:

Not at all a fan of hockey teams wearing black as a primary.  I'll waive a few uniforms, I guess, but black looks mostly terrible contrasted against the whitish-blue ice playing surface.

When black is used as a natural team colour, I'm fine with it. However, when it's used for marketing purposes and eliminating colour and vibrancy, aka. BFBS, it becomes a big problem.

51 minutes ago, Soma said:

Is there a deadline is which teams getting third jerseys would need to announce them?

Not that I'm aware of. For example, two of the last four Islanders third jerseys (orange in 2003 and first black in 2011) were unveiled in November. Their second black one (2015) was announced in mid-September. These were, of course, all under the Reebok era, so I don't know if the change over to Adidas has altered the league's approach.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Four alternates unveiled so far; all four are black. Hopefully we're not trending back to darker shades of colors.

Not sure it’s a trend. Ducks are going back to orange thirds next season. Black is also a commonly used colour for all four teams that unveiled. Don’t know what other colour they could have used for their thirds without making it look too much like  their home. 

2 hours ago, baymenxpac said:

Not that I'm aware of. For example, two of the last four Islanders third jerseys (orange in 2003 and first black in 2011) were unveiled in November. Their second black one (2015) was announced in mid-September. These were, of course, all under the Reebok era, so I don't know if the change over to Adidas has altered the league's approach.

The Canucks unveiled their previous updated Stick In Rink jersey in November 2008. Just two days before they were worn on game day. 

6 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Canucks unveiled their previous updated Stick In Rink jersey in November 2008. Just two days before they were worn on game day. 

It's always crazy to me. Back then, I guess there was a thought was that interest would never be higher than when the team wore them for the first time, so they waited as long as possible. That just seems shortsighted on the teams' part. Earlier adopters are going to want it right away, and then people will want it when they see it on the ice. All you're doing is giving yourself less time to move stock.

1 hour ago, Prince Harry said:

Not sure it’s a trend. Ducks are going back to orange thirds next season. Black is also a commonly used colour for all four teams that unveiled. Don’t know what other colour they could have used for their thirds without making it look too much like  their home. 

I'm sure you've seen here how people wish the Ducks went away from black and maybe went with eggplant or jade instead. 

But you're right about the other teams having black as a dominant color (and admittedly the Coyotes are a throwback, which really shouldn't be counted towards a "new trend")

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, baymenxpac said:

It's always crazy to me. Back then, I guess there was a thought was that interest would never be higher than when the team wore them for the first time, so they waited as long as possible. That just seems shortsighted on the teams' part. Earlier adopters are going to want it right away, and then people will want it when they see it on the ice. All you're doing is giving yourself less time to move stock.

The Canucks have always been a short-sighted organization. 

3 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

If this is what you’re referring to, I’m guessing that they put it in greyscale to avoid revealing the colour.

No! Can’t you see!? Everything is a veiled attempt to tease the public if you only look hard enough! ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Looking at colors from this photo is possible to return of Winter Classic jersey:

Djihs4MU4AAGG83.jpg

11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

No! Can’t you see!? Everything is a veiled attempt to tease the public if you only look hard enough! ?

Paint brush numbers... confirmed!

It's probably some kind of circa-'67 throwback, but the Blues organization is dumb enough to chase the Golden Knights by wearing grey alternates.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived