NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*FINALLY* It's about time the Blackhawks actually went with their only different look.

It only took them 14 Winter Classic appearances to do it. ?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

4 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

It’s nice to see some new blood like the Chicago Blackhawks in the Winter Classic, isn’t it?

7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

*FINALLY* It's about time the Blackhawks actually went with their only different look.

It only took them 14 Winter Classic appearances to do it. ?

11 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Jeez NHL, it's time for some different teams to put in the Classic.

pink-panther-piano.png

we know

we know

we know we know we know we know we knooooooooooooooooooow knowknowknowknowknow

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm down with both of these...... I assume the Bruins are going with a new version of the 1948-49 sweater? 

Bruins13.png

As for the Hawks.... I assume it's the 1926-27 sweater they're going back to:

Blackhawks01.png

TBH, this makes for a very simple, but nice looking WC. I do wish we had new teams in the event, but both of these should come out looking pretty sweet. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

They had their "we can't/won't give you the New Year's game" game there a few years ago. Like everyone who plays outside, they beat the Blackhawks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/23/2018 at 11:34 AM, chcarlson23 said:

I think that the enlargened stripes look much better than the Brodeur era stripes. These have a little bit more pop of color (on the arms and socks of course). I think if these had a tail stripe, and a slightly more rounded yoke, these would have been a good update to the previous jerseys. 

Maybe the sleeve and sock stripes "pop" more but they're so enlarged that continuing the design on the hem is impossible.  It was also pretty idiotic of them to imitate the striping of the Rockies, a team that has won nothing, when they already had an instantly recognizable look associated with 3 championships.  Another element sorely missed are the triple-striped collars that were used for the entirety of the red-and-black era prior to Adidas.  Everything about this change amounts to a giant downgrade in my books.

Maybe it's just my computer screen, but it looks like the Bruins B that was released is actually brown... So I have a feeling we'll be seeing this jersey,

Bruins05.png

rather than the black version... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Maybe it's just my computer screen, but it looks like the Bruins B that was released is actually brown... So I have a feeling we'll be seeing this jersey,

Bruins05.png

Looks brown to me too on my computer here at work...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Bruins05.png

Which picture are we looking at, because it looks black to me.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, Chromatic said:

I just feel like I need to add this every time I see it, even though I’m petitioning an empty sky, it makes me want to yell everytime I hear the term “Christmas Colours”.  I am so sick of hearing about how red and green are “Christmas colours”. There are like 2 teams in every major league that wear orange and black, nobody complains about those being “Halloween colours”. A bunch of teams wear red and gold, I don’t hear any complaints about those being “McDonalds colours”. 

Colours can represent more than one thing. Why don’t people get upset at Italy or Bulgaria or Belarus or Turkmenistan for using Christmas colours on their flags? If you associate a certain colour scheme so strongly with a specific holiday that you can’t see past it when a team uses them it means it should be used more often, not less.

To be fair, Halloween is a lot more intimidating than Christmas. Also, the colours red and green just don't look very good together most of the time, with a few exceptions.

48 minutes ago, M4One said:

Which picture are we looking at, because it looks black to me.

Just did a quick color check. The left color box is the color of the B as compared to black. It's definitely brown, though it's pretty drastically different from any color brown the Bruins used in their other winter classic jerseys.

kYHBGDi.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

39 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Just did a quick color check. The left color box is the color of the B as compared to black. It's definitely brown, though it's pretty drastically different from any color brown the Bruins used in their other winter classic jerseys.

kYHBGDi.png

That left color looks like a shade of black in Inkscape.

1 hour ago, ujju2 said:

To be fair, Halloween is a lot more intimidating than Christmas. Also, the colours red and green just don't look very good together most of the time, with a few exceptions.

I think red and green can look great together, it just happens most teams are afraid to pair them due to the christmas associations, so there isn't a very long track record to go by.

Archived