NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2018 at 5:36 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

cut.jpg

The second from the left on the bottom is the current jersey! It's not even the old Reebok alternate version that they're trying to go for.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 8/29/2018 at 6:47 AM, Placebo said:

Apologies if I missed it-- but the Jets are releasing their alternate on September 14.

Rumour: People who claim to have seen it say it is primarily the "aviator blue" with a script logo (uhoh) in the same style of a keychain that came with the season ticket packages this year.

Logo(maybe?):

https://mobile.twitter.com/user/status/1034583771994091526

is aiavator blue their current colour?

17 hours ago, Gobbi said:

I don’t like it. It’s not symmetrical enough for a centre line. It’s too left-heavy.

Most of these on-the-nose center line designs are terrible. The way to get cute with center lines is to suggest some feature of the identity in an abstract way. For instance, the smart thing for the St. Louis Blues to do would be five thin red lines -- a musical staff because their logo is a note. The Stars should just use stars, the Hurricanes should use the storm flag squares. The Penguins should use downward-pointing triangles. The Flyers should do absolutely nothing because fancy designs are :censored:in' gay as :censored: bro. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know Ill get killed for this one but looking at those Ducks jerseys, I have and always will think that the first Ducks (duck bill goalie mask) logo, is one of the most clever logos I've ever seen. It also can pass for classic too.

16 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Good move, the hockeytown title on the ice looked cluttered

My biggest issue with the Hockeytown logo wasn't even the script. I wasn't sure why that version of the Winged Wheel needed a thick red outline. It didn't match the thinner outline of the usual logo.

lcaice.jpg

EqTdpEf.png

5 hours ago, msu said:

My biggest issue with the Hockeytown logo wasn't even the script. I wasn't sure why that version of the Winged Wheel needed a thick red outline. It didn't match the thinner outline of the usual logo.

lcaice.jpg

EqTdpEf.png

I think they just needed a little more red in the logo to help match the empty red seats of the arena... ?

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

No unveiling yet but a sports radio guy here in Edmonton says the Oilers will 100% be bringing back the classic blues as their third this season.

Also this appears to be the 40th anniversary logo:

Good they look best in blue imo.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

No unveiling yet but a sports radio guy here in Edmonton says the Oilers will 100% be bringing back the classic blues as their third this season.

Also this appears to be the 40th anniversary logo:

What’s with the drop shadow inside the number? It looks like it’s fighting with itself 

Archived