NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

4 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Retro as in they messed up and need to get that jersey back into the rotation ASAP.

I think it is overrated. It is better than the retina burning orange they use now, but I think a darker blue works better with that orange.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish they did a navy jersey instead. Now they’re gonna cave to fan pressure and bring back the royal blue as the Home jersey next season and have a mismatching set for a couple years. 

It does make sense to wear the classic jersey for the 40th anniversary, but I feel like if you’re gonna change the colour scheme, it’s best not to compromise it right away. 

I really like the new shades for the Oilers. The brighter orange, plus the navy really works. I love their road jersey. I think they should have just gone with the Home jersey but in navy or similar to the previous navy era look, instead of the orange jersey they have now. I feel like the Oilers hopped on the retro bandwagon with the orange throwback, thinking it was an orange bandwagon... So now they'll probably bounce around every so often, just to shake things up... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

7 minutes ago, M4One said:

So, if the Oilers are only going to wear the retros only 4 times, are they still coming out with another alternate?  Seems strange to only wear them on 4 times.  

They wear them one time against each classic Smythe Division opponent, pretty simple.

29 minutes ago, M4One said:

So, if the Oilers are only going to wear the retros only 4 times, are they still coming out with another alternate?  Seems strange to only wear them on 4 times.  

This is probably not their alternate.  I believe throwbacks can be worn less times, but the alternate usually has about 10 or 11 dates.

2 hours ago, M4One said:

The team said last year that they were designing an alternate jersey to debut this season. Fan Day is on September 15th, so perhaps it will be unveiled as a surprise. I was really hoping to see a navy uniform added.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

"We completely botched this new era and the new jerseys so we're bringing back the old ones as an apology."

Seriously, their new orange jerseys just aren't working out for me. They are awful. Should've stuck with the previous set. 

XM4KeeA.png

Count me among those who like the Oilers' new jerseys. The retro would look good as a third, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Hope we don't have to deal with the Canada Is Actually Bad dorks freaking out that they're wearing Smythe Division uniforms against the Jets who are ACTUALLY the Thrashers (who were Actually Good)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Looks like these are gonna be what's worn for the Winter Classic.

Definitely a confirms that the B logo from a few pages back is in fact brown. I feel vindicated.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

Definitely a confirms that the B logo from a few pages back is in fact brown. I feel vindicated.

So the Bruins WC19 jersey is a modern take on a hybrid of 1926-32 but with the logo of 1932-34.  As long as it is brown it is fine by me...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived