NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, bowld said:

1050540%20-%20ADIDAS%20Retro%20Jersey.jp

It's the perfect alternate, if it's gonna be an occasional switch from standard red, black, with yellow accents. And because of team history.

I don't think a full time return will be good because this old scheme will feel washed out very fast (see the Edmonton Oilers) and because there are enough all red teams as is...

7290646.jpg

event_image-144.jpg    

carolina-hurricanes-pucks-pints-canes-vs

Carolina-Hurricanes-vs-New-York-Islander

Notice how you don't need shoulder patches. I wish the Canucks would drop their addiction to putting logos on everything/everywhere they are able to. Less is more. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

33 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Notice how you don't need shoulder patches. I wish the Canucks would drop their addiction to putting logos on everything/everywhere they are able to. Less is more. 

Disagree. The Canucks have no more logos on their uniforms than any other team, hell some teams have multiple helmet logos. Most jerseys look bare without shoulder patches and the Canucks are no different, the stick in rink looks great on the shoulder 

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Disagree. The Canucks have no more logos on their uniforms than any other team, hell some teams have multiple helmet logos. Most jerseys look bare without shoulder patches and the Canucks are no different, the stick in rink looks great on the shoulder 

Disagree. It clutters up a jersey with already enough going on. Logo+wordmark+different logo on helmet+shoulder patches is okay sometimes, but it looks too busy for the Canucks, especially when you add in the dumb white half collar as well. Just as mess. Pretty soon we're going to have sponsor logos to contend with as well...look forward to that.

Look at Detroit. Pure and classy. Don't see many people at all complaining about their look.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

6 hours ago, Bayne said:

Look at Detroit. Pure and classy. Don't see many people at all complaining about their look.

Chicago was rated #1 in the NHL's 25 all-time best uniforms as voted by fans. They have had the yellow C with the crossed stone hammers shoulder patch for decades. Originally, the C logo used to be on their arm stripes, which likely inspired the white V's on the Canucks' original timeless sweater. Therefore, the Blackhawks are the pioneers of secondary logos, followed by the Bruins' growling bear shoulder patch in the mid-late 70's.

14 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

It's the perfect alternate, if it's gonna be an occasional switch from standard red, black, with yellow accents. And because of team history.

I don't think a full time return will be good because this old scheme will feel washed out very fast (see the Edmonton Oilers) and because there are enough all red teams as is...

7290646.jpg

event_image-144.jpg    

carolina-hurricanes-pucks-pints-canes-vs

Carolina-Hurricanes-vs-New-York-Islander

Calgary's red and yellow-gold look is timeless and distinctive. The Flames became the NHL's second all-red team after Detroit when Atlanta first joined the league in '72. Their uniform match-ups vs other clubs looked great on TV and would look great in HD. Time to promote them to full-time and relegate black to alternate status.

6 hours ago, Bayne said:

Disagree. It clutters up a jersey with already enough going on. Logo+wordmark+different logo on helmet+shoulder patches is okay sometimes, but it looks too busy for the Canucks, especially when you add in the dumb white half collar as well. Just as mess. Pretty soon we're going to have sponsor logos to contend with as well...look forward to that.

That’s an issue with the Canucks logo itself, not that they have shoulder patches.

Detroit has been around so long the uniform will never be changed, despite how bare it is. It’s got the same thing going on as the Oakland Raiders or NY Giants where it has so little detail it reminds you of a practice jersey.

If you have a particularly intricate design you can have no shoulders but if you have simplistic striping like the Canucks a shoulder patch only helps.

15 hours ago, Bayne said:

My problem with the stick in rink on the primaries is that it looks so damn big.  Maybe it's just me, but have shoulder logos gotten bigger over the years?  The Canucks should drop the Johnny Canuck/V hybrid on their previous alternate if that's coming back as I'm no fan of that logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think the Flames could just redistribute the hierarchy of their colors to have something very similar to past looks but cleaner and new. 

I made this concept not too long ago 

cal2.png.71dbac6016c41cde79f69364ccf1f04

keeps black in in the rotation but drops it to a tertiary color along with the gold. I feel these cover a lot of the things people want for the flames. 

STICKING with the Sharks...

twsHDYG.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

13 minutes ago, poser said:

Official and (terrible)

Two things ...

1) Who unveils a logo at 11pm on a Saturday night?

2) It's not that horrible ... I think?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived