NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

2 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Remember we had the guy a few pages back talking about how the B's could have a new alternate sweater? Wondering if the B's could unveil a special throwback jersey for the two tilts against the "Whalers"? That would be interesting. Dress how they would in 1991 or something. Is that a possibility?

That was me, and the article I linked said they spotted a black sweater, so I don't think that would be the case, even though a green-black matchup could look great.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2018 at 2:03 AM, poser said:

Should have worn them against Vancouver 

The giveaway to fans could be a magic-eye poster of a schooner. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, M4One said:

Nothing new here, just wanted to post a pic of a NHL goalie wearing number 19.  Mikko Koskinen is a Finnish goalie who also wore 19 for the Finnish national team and his team in the KHL.

In a weird way, it does make sense. If you are numbering the team in order but starting with the forwards and working your way back, the 19th player would be the goaltender (12F, 6D).

1 hour ago, OMMF said:

In a weird way, it does make sense. If you are numbering the team in order but starting with the forwards and working your way back, the 19th player would be the goaltender (12F, 6D).

I have no idea why he wears the number 19, but that actually makes sense.  I know this was how baseball players use to be numbered and I think soccer was the same way, too.  It's still weird.  I thought seeing a goalie wearing 2 or 29 was strange, even 88, but 19 just might be the strangest.

3 hours ago, Guy with Machete said:

Dobm_4VXoAAocjD.jpg

DobnB1oXcAAzDL1.jpg

Lighthouse logo shoulderpatches would have made the weird white yoke way more interesting.

Three jerseys in the league with a white yoke, right? Avs, Caps, NYI?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Islanders new third is boring.  I really wish teams took the opportunity to actually go out and come up with a legit alternate logo.  That's the thing I liked about some of the first alternates is that teams actually came up with something different that could compliment their brand.  Islanders should have developed an alternate logo based on a lighthouse.

Archived