NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can all the people who were 'creeped out' or confused or generally critical towards Gritty about 3 weeks ago admit that they overreacted and accept that it's just a wacky looking mascot? Honestly, it's hilarious how so many had an issue with this thing and now it's fine. A textbook example of the outrage culture of today. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

6 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Can all the people who were 'creeped out' or confused or generally critical towards Gritty about 3 weeks ago admit that they overreacted and accept that it's just a wacky looking mascot? Honestly, it's hilarious how so many had an issue with this thing and now it's fine. A textbook example of the outrage culture of today. 

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

It's a creepy looking Muppet monster. If you think it's fine? Cool. Don't start talking down to people who don't share you opinion though.

Creepy is subjective. A mascot is objective. It's a mascot. 

46 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Yeah no he’s creepy a.f., but outraged? No I was never outraged. 

12 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Yeah no he’s creepy a.f., but outraged? No I was never outraged. 

I never said you were outraged. I classified it under the 'outrage culture' phenomenon.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:19 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Am I the only one who misses whites at home? For some reason it still bugs me to see the colored unis at home .

I know this is way out of left field. What brought it to mind was a post on the Ducks IG of the white Mighty jerseys they wore for warmups. Wishing they had thrown back to it.

For sure, white at home is the best. They do it in MLB, NBA used to at least. Don't know about NFL, what are the rules and history there?

50 minutes ago, skip88 said:

For sure, white at home is the best. They do it in MLB, NBA used to at least. Don't know bot NFL, what are the rules and history there?

I used to strongly be in this camp, but I honestly don't care either way. 

Only thing that annoys me is the chl/ahl model of swapping after Christmas. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

22 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I used to strongly be in this camp, but I honestly don't care either way. 

Only thing that annoys me is the chl/ahl model of swapping after Christmas. 

Stop caring is the first step toward misery 

White at home made sense when nobody had a colour tv and the only way to see the visiting team’s uniforms was to actually go to the game. Now that we’re in the 21st century, you’re in your barn, you should be representing your colours at home in all their glory.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind seeing some more colour on colour matchups though, assuming everything keys up correctly. If you’re wearing orange and your opponent wears blue there’s no real reason either one of you needs to wear white.

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard from those teams.

Reddit seems to be leaning towards that the Lightning third will be released in November or December.

what it looks like it’s mixed too, I’ve read black but not the last black one and I’ve also seen traction of the retro storm jersey as inspiration 

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

Honestly I wouldn’t mind seeing some more colour on colour matchups though, assuming everything keys up correctly. If you’re wearing orange and your opponent wears blue there’s no real reason either one of you needs to wear white.

Post/username combo

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I was actually thinking about this the other day. As you pointed out, everyone is watching the games in color, so why not embrace color on color matchups? 

The only challenge I can see is how to schedule each team in order to avoid having to take multiple jerseys on the road. My understanding is we ended up with dark uniforms at home because the vast majority of third jerseys were dark, and teams wanted to wear them at home. It got to the point that it was easier to just have the visiting team wear white as that was the most consistent.

Logisticaly the easiest thing to do would be for the traveling team to set their travel color for a particular set of away games, and the home team pick their jersey color accordingly. However, this would require quite a bit of coordination and would have the home team deferring to the visiting team.

Archived