NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aild87 said:

Why wouldn't the shadow be on both swords? If you take the gold on the blades as shading, the logo is "lit" from top down/center, so they both would be affected by the shadow cast by the star. If anything the star itself is what is shaded inconsistently.

The gold on the blades is shading (but only part of the shady side is shaded)...so what's the white and gold on the star? Isn't the right side of the star shade?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Penguins Honour Shooting Victims With Jersey Patch Tonight

October 30, 2018 - 20:50 PM

The Pittsburgh Penguins will honour the victims of the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting, which happened in the Squirrel Hill neighbourhood of Pittsburgh. For tonight’s game against the New York Islanders, the Penguins will wear a patch on their right […]

Read More...

I thought the black triangle was just a neat way to "memorial"ize their logo... then it clicked. It's truly a great memorial patch. 

Also, 5,000,000 bonus points for not using PITTSBURGH STRONG.

Untitled-1.jpg

I don't like it as much. The extra black outline prevents the swords from being at the forefront and interacting with the star.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

Untitled-1.jpg

I don't like it as much. The extra black outline prevents the swords from being at the forefront and interacting with the star.

What if the swords were above the black, white, and gold, but under the red?

I really like the concept for that logo, but the execution is pretty poor.  Overly / awkwardly beveled, too-thick strokes, and the beaten-to-death issue with the outlines and swords.  Lots of potential - even as a primary mark - but needs some tweaking.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ducks Infamous Wild Wing Jerseys Return Tonight

November 1, 2018 - 13:17 PM

Wild Wing Returns Tonight! But as it seems is the case with hockey’s more unusual uniforms of the 1990s, it’s being kept to the pre-game skate. The Anaheim Ducks are celebrating the 25th anniversary of their inaugural season throughout the […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Ducks Infamous Wild Wing Jerseys Return Tonight

November 1, 2018 - 13:17 PM

Anaheim-Ducks-Wild-Wing-Jersey.jpg

Wild Wing Returns Tonight! But as it seems is the case with hockey’s more unusual uniforms of the 1990s, it’s being kept to the pre-game skate. The Anaheim Ducks are celebrating the 25th anniversary of their inaugural season throughout the […]

Read More...

Keep the jersey color, keep the yoke, put the Mighty Ducks logo on the front (take it off the shoulders), add a white/eggplant/white hemstripe, use late-90 alt number font, and bam...great jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ducks are again going with the incorrect reproductions of those Wild Wing jerseys, unfortunately.

Rounded yoke instead of pointed. No Mighty Ducks should patch. Collar is wrong. Wrong twill fabric for the numbers. This link from the Mothership article to another blog post points out all the differences pretty well.

Fun to see, but if you're going to go ahead and do this (and sell them and charge out the nose for them in the team store), you've gotta do it right.

Dq8noh5V4AA1rQW.jpgDq8noh6UcAAoCpu.jpgDq8noh5U0AAzAJN.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 10/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Reddit seems to be leaning towards that the Lightning third will be released in November or December.

what it looks like it’s mixed too, I’ve read black but not the last black one and I’ve also seen traction of the retro storm jersey as inspiration 

Just speculation to my above post, but the Lightning are celebrating Martin St Louis' induction in the Hockey HOF on November 21st....if the November release is true, this might be the time to unveil and wear...

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Adidas has started teasing their "Digital 6" Jerseys, which I assume are modern alternates for all the original 6 teams.

Here are the teasers for Chicago and New York.

All the angry replies on the Instagram post seem to indicate these may just be some odd nhl19 cross promotion, not physical uniforms to be worn this season. I wonder if that's actually the case.

Archived