ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Adidas has started teasing their "Digital 6" Jerseys, which I assume are modern alternates for all the original 6 teams.

Here are the teasers for Chicago and New York.

Oh no.

Rangers one didn’t seem that bad. Looked like quite a few concepts that have been posted here 

I feel it’s time we get some new takes on these old identities, not too far out of the box but just enough. These seem to look nice.

I guess these alternates are gonna be a content for NHL 19 not a real thing, EA with adidas done similar thing with Juve, United, Bayern and Real as a promotion of FIFA 18 and called it "Digital 4th kits".

30 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I guess these alternates are gonna be a content for NHL 19 not a real thing, EA with adidas done similar thing with Juve, United, Bayern and Real as a promotion of FIFA 18 and called it "Digital 4th kits".

I don’t think that’s the case 

edit nvm

I don’t mind alternatives for O6 teams to think outside the box and go a little nuts. As long as the primaries stay untouched. Rangers did that pretty well with the Liberty jersey. 

If these are for NHL 19, I wouldn’t mind the really good ones to become real life alternatives.  

On 11/3/2018 at 7:11 PM, ldconcepts said:

I feel it’s time we get some new takes on these old identities, not too far out of the box but just enough. These seem to look nice.

7 hours ago, insert name said:

I don’t mind alternatives for O6 teams to think outside the box and go a little nuts. As long as the primaries stay untouched. Rangers did that pretty well with the Liberty jersey. 

If these are for NHL 19, I wouldn’t mind the really good ones to become real life alternatives.  

Gotta disagree with both of you. The Yankees opted out of the TATC promotion MLB held decades ago. It’s an attitude I would like to see more traditional teams adopt. 

Yeah, the O6 teams have tweaked their uniforms over the years, but they’ve always respected the roots of their brands. 

If you want to do something crazy? Go ask the Predators. Not the G-ddamn Habs. 

Have at least a bit of respect for the traditions the game is built on. 

40 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Gotta disagree with both of you. The Yankees opted out of the TATC promotion MLB held decades ago. It’s an attitude I would like to see more traditional teams adopt. 

Yeah, the O6 teams have tweaked their uniforms over the years, but they’ve always respected the roots of their brands. 

But those are primaries that SHOULD remain untouched. Rangers did that once and paid for it severely. I feel you can get away with an alternative especially since most of them have had alternatives for a long time since they've became a thing. 

46 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don’t mean a groundbreaking design, but a new take on a traditional identity, like a chest-striped Habs white alternate, could work.

The Rangers actually successfully tweaked their primary uniforms before

gDQw5cC.jpg

This uniform (especially with the NEW YORK) is better than their current one. 

I have an Esposito jersey from that era! One of my best eBay finds. I bought it from a seller in Sweden.

576857_387048271346500_1625927213_n.jpg?

14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Here’s a question, then: let’s say these teams hypothetically want to be a little creative and have fun or experiment with some “what if’s.” What is the best outlet for that? If it’s not on the ice for a game (which I think is a reasonable stance), and it’s not in a video game, then where?