ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Adidas has started teasing their "Digital 6" Jerseys, which I assume are modern alternates for all the original 6 teams.

Here are the teasers for Chicago and New York.

 

Oh no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers one didn’t seem that bad. Looked like quite a few concepts that have been posted here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel it’s time we get some new takes on these old identities, not too far out of the box but just enough. These seem to look nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess these alternates are gonna be a content for NHL 19 not a real thing, EA with adidas done similar thing with Juve, United, Bayern and Real as a promotion of FIFA 18 and called it "Digital 4th kits".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I guess these alternates are gonna be a content for NHL 19 not a real thing, EA with adidas done similar thing with Juve, United, Bayern and Real as a promotion of FIFA 18 and called it "Digital 4th kits".

 

I don’t think that’s the case 

edit nvm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t mind alternatives for O6 teams to think outside the box and go a little nuts. As long as the primaries stay untouched. Rangers did that pretty well with the Liberty jersey. 

If these are for NHL 19, I wouldn’t mind the really good ones to become real life alternatives.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 7:11 PM, ldconcepts said:

I feel it’s time we get some new takes on these old identities, not too far out of the box but just enough. These seem to look nice.

 

7 hours ago, insert name said:

I don’t mind alternatives for O6 teams to think outside the box and go a little nuts. As long as the primaries stay untouched. Rangers did that pretty well with the Liberty jersey. 

If these are for NHL 19, I wouldn’t mind the really good ones to become real life alternatives.  

Gotta disagree with both of you. The Yankees opted out of the TATC promotion MLB held decades ago. It’s an attitude I would like to see more traditional teams adopt. 

 

Yeah, the O6 teams have tweaked their uniforms over the years, but they’ve always respected the roots of their brands. 

If you want to do something crazy? Go ask the Predators. Not the G-ddamn Habs. 

 

Have at least a bit of respect for the traditions the game is built on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

 

Gotta disagree with both of you. The Yankees opted out of the TATC promotion MLB held decades ago. It’s an attitude I would like to see more traditional teams adopt. 

 

Yeah, the O6 teams have tweaked their uniforms over the years, but they’ve always respected the roots of their brands. 

If you want to do something crazy? Go ask the Predators. Not the G-ddamn Habs. 

 

Have at least a bit of respect for the traditions the game is built on. 

But those are primaries that SHOULD remain untouched. Rangers did that once and paid for it severely. I feel you can get away with an alternative especially since most of them have had alternatives for a long time since they've became a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

 

Gotta disagree with both of you. The Yankees opted out of the TATC promotion MLB held decades ago. It’s an attitude I would like to see more traditional teams adopt. 

 

Yeah, the O6 teams have tweaked their uniforms over the years, but they’ve always respected the roots of their brands. 

If you want to do something crazy? Go ask the Predators. Not the G-ddamn Habs. 

 

Have at least a bit of respect for the traditions the game is built on. 

I don’t mean a groundbreaking design, but a new take on a traditional identity, like a chest-striped Habs white alternate, could work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rangers actually successfully tweaked their primary uniforms before

 

gDQw5cC.jpg

 

This uniform (especially with the NEW YORK) is better than their current one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an Esposito jersey from that era! One of my best eBay finds. I bought it from a seller in Sweden.

 

576857_387048271346500_1625927213_n.jpg?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

 

Gotta disagree with both of you. The Yankees opted out of the TATC promotion MLB held decades ago. It’s an attitude I would like to see more traditional teams adopt. 

 

Yeah, the O6 teams have tweaked their uniforms over the years, but they’ve always respected the roots of their brands. 

If you want to do something crazy? Go ask the Predators. Not the G-ddamn Habs. 

 

Have at least a bit of respect for the traditions the game is built on. 

 

Here’s a question, then: let’s say these teams hypothetically want to be a little creative and have fun or experiment with some “what if’s.” What is the best outlet for that? If it’s not on the ice for a game (which I think is a reasonable stance), and it’s not in a video game, then where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.