NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruins sweater is wonderful.  Would love to see it up close just to see the exact shade of brown.

NOB should be serifed though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Bruins sweater is wonderful.  Would love to see it up close just to see the exact shade of brown.

I assume it’s a shade similar to their Fenway Winter Classic jerseys:

95550634.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Well, he's one photoshop filter away from looking like a Rockwell painting there.

look back at the Digital 6 screen grab i posted the other day, a couple pages back.  EA certainly didn't do him any favors.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:38 AM, Mingjai said:

I assume it’s a shade similar to their Fenway Winter Classic jerseys:

95550634.jpg

Yes. Actually, I think the reason this shade is used is because it’s the stock brown that all the equipment manufacturers already have a standard for. There are a lot of gears to turn to get a new color of pant, glove, or helmet on the ice.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 11/8/2018 at 6:46 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

If I recall, I think I went sans because the crest that actually goes with this jersey used sans serif type (as well as the captain patches). I also thought that if any team had hypothetically worn player names on the back of their jersey in the 1920s or 1930s, the letters would have been as simple as possible because they were all hand-cut. For that reason, sans felt like the better choice on this one. The other Bruins uniforms I put together (inspired by eras a bit later than this one) had serif type, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but the penguins wore their camo-military appreciation jerseys for warm ups tonight and not sure if this is new, but the penguin had on dog tags with that players number. Thought that was a neat touch. Also props to the nhl for keeping the military-cancer-etc jerseys to warm ups only. The warmups that are true throwbacks though...those teams should wear them on ice.

KISSwall09.jpg

10 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

Re: #Digital6

I'm surprised no one has discussed this but, some guy from Instagram who goes by the handle of @burkus_circus_concepts claims that adidas plagiarized his Rangers concept.

The problem is if he’s talking about legal recognition of the alleged misappropration of his Rangers concept—i.e., copyright infringement in this case—the guy has very little original expression for the law to recognize. Not only that, a significant portion of his design—the Rangers logos—is owned by someone else, and the entity he is accusing of misappropriation has a license to use those marks while he has no authorization to use them. He would be infringing the Rangers’ copyrights and trademarks right if he were to try use his design in a commercial manner (right now, he’s arguably safe from both types of infringement under a fair use affirmative defense). As a potential infringer (but for his current affirmative defense), it’s probably not a good idea pick a fight the IP owner or its licensees.

19 hours ago, Mingjai said:

The problem is if he’s talking about legal recognition of the alleged misappropration of his Rangers concept—i.e., copyright infringement in this case—the guy has very little original expression for the law to recognize. Not only that, a significant portion of his design—the Rangers logos—is owned by someone else, and the entity he is accusing of misappropriation has a license to use those marks while he has no authorization to use them. He would be infringing the Rangers’ copyrights and trademarks right if he were to try use his design in a commercial manner (right now, he’s arguably safe from both types of infringement under a fair use affirmative defense). As a potential infringer (but for his current affirmative defense), it’s probably not a good idea pick a fight the IP owner or its licensees.

So even if somebody came up with a concept about the Canucks, using their logos, and posted it on instagram or some forum, the Canucks or Adidas somehow get their hands on it, and uses it exactly with no changes, the guy has no recourse because his concept used somebody else's IP?

2 hours ago, M4One said:

So even if somebody came up with a concept about the Canucks, using their logos, and posted it on instagram or some forum, the Canucks or Adidas somehow get their hands on it, and uses it exactly with no changes, the guy has no recourse because his concept used somebody else's IP?

Unless the portions of his design not incorporating the IP are completely original—i.e., something unique above the traditional hockey jersey design—I think the concept designer would have a hard row to hoe to get any sort of compensation. Maybe for PR purposes, the team or Adidas might offer him a free customized jersey, but I can’t really seeing any attorneys willing to take the matter except on a strict per diem fee arrangement. 

41 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Has to be the darkest shade humanly possible. The "B" logo on the old yellow WC jersey looks lighter to me.

Regardless, looks great!

It was, or at least the felt made it appear that way. Personally, I’d prefer all the brown pieces match each other even if it means the color isn’t as noticeably brown as it could be (though I do feel the darker brown is a better color for fans, and is probably close to what their original jerseys were before the color got washed and faded away).

Archived