ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

14 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

What is that sad attempt at still having a lace up collar but with an actual connected collar right on top of it.

Lace ups are there for aesthetic purposes only and I think it's a nice touch. But I do agree that the Adidas template is hideously flawed in several ways.

That template is going to look like junk, when looked back upon in several years.

5 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Lace ups are there for aesthetic purposes only and I think it's a nice touch. But I do agree that the Adidas template is hideously flawed in several ways.

That template is going to look like junk, when looked back upon in several years.

I know its for aesthetics but the lace up should still go up to the neck. Looks like they just kept the bottom half.

I am lookng an an old flyers alternate from 5 years ago or so, and reebok still at least tried to make it look good.

5MX2B-OO-4.jpg&d=359cafa1a54b8989ba09a13

7 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I know its for aesthetics but the lace up should still go up to the neck. Looks like they just kept the bottom half.

I am lookng an an old flyers alternate from 5 years ago or so, and reebok still at least tried to make it look good.

5MX2B-OO-4.jpg&d=359cafa1a54b8989ba09a13

Agreed. At least the tie up here makes sense. The tie ups on the new Adidias jersey are under the collar..

The Rangers got the away collar right but the home collars need to ditch the red and go all blue. It’s the only reason I’ve stayed away from the home jersey. 

If you insist on forcing something completely non-functional into a piece of sports equipment worn by elite athletes, you’re kind of asking to look awkward and a little ridiculous. Take a cue from Detroit and clean it up. 😂

These things might as well be counterfeit...

Neck/Laces area too tight together. Stripes go all the way around, unlike the original. Arm numbers are straight, not tilted at the angle of the stripes on the original. And from my eye here at the arena wearing one from then, the crest looks wonky at the edges, like it’s too crisp vs the acrylic/flexible patch of the original.

$500 team store replica. $1000-$1500 “game worn” warmup jerseys. Garbage.

On 12/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, the admiral said:

I appreciate that we've been warned of poor-contrast games.

Image result for hurricanes ducks december 7 2018Any reason for the Canes doing this on the west-coast roadtrip? Are they phasing out the whites? I actually think the white sweater is one of the best in the league!

1 hour ago, NYYNYR said:

Image result for hurricanes ducks december 7 2018Any reason for the Canes doing this on the west-coast roadtrip? Are they phasing out the whites? I actually think the white sweater is one of the best in the league!

I would agree if they had the warning flag pattern. For now, their home reds are vastly superior, especially since the red makes their logo pop.

1 hour ago, NYYNYR said:

Any reason for the Canes doing this on the west-coast roadtrip?

According to the article on the mothership, they want to be like an NBA team. I thought they were already like an NBA team when they missed the playoffs for nine years in a row but quadrupled their franchise value anyway.

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

According to the article on the mothership, they want to be like an NBA team. I thought they were already like an NBA team when they missed the playoffs for nine years in a row but quadrupled their franchise value anyway.

LOL, could you clue me in on what this means?

13 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

LOL, could you clue me in on what this means?

NBA (Nike, really) currently has no home/road/ third designation. So teams are free to wear whatever whenever. 

“We really like how the dark colours pop off the white ice. You see how it’s become more and more prevalent in the NBA with their jersey restructuring and it makes sense for other teams/leagues to at least explore this concept.”

If he'd said the game was iconic I'd think he lurks the board. 

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Pretty solid.

The Draft logos are at just the right level (nothing too flashy, show off local vibe) for the NHL's low-key draft.

Agreed, I have no issue with utilizing the same template for a new logo every year, as long as it’s done right. The NHL draft is an example of that, the Super Bowl is the opposite

On 12/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, the admiral said:

An NBA team that has to lug around two sets of helmets on road trips.  Hope the equipment managers are getting a nice Christmas bonus.

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Agreed, I have no issue with utilizing the same template for a new logo every year, as long as it’s done right. The NHL draft is an example of that, the Super Bowl is the opposite

I feel like they're unnecessarily generic. Espeically considering everything is done in that style - from drafts, to all star games, to stanley cup logos to outdoor games etc. Why not have a bit of creative liberty with something like the draft that goes around from city to city? I like consistency, but I also like variety in something that is ultimately fairly disposable. We're not talking team identities here. One year and done. Imagine if all the Summer Olympic logos had followed the same template every four years for the last 70 years. Would you still like that consistency or would you wish they were a bit more unique? 

The Ducks are doing what they are calling Silver Celebration Week from February 10-17. 

They play the Canucks on the 13th and are hosting a "special Tribute Night" to the Mighty Ducks movie, so maybe we could see a warm up appearance from the movie jerseys à la the other jersey tribute nights?

There's also Anaheim Ducks Day at California Adventure Park on the 11th as part of this week. Definitely sucks that my school's winter reading week (week off of school) is the week after.