What throwbacks do you want to see?

Topherlee2

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Whenever the Raiders go with the throwbacks, they NEVER break these out, even during the celebration of the AFL. They stick with post-Al Davis uniforms. Why is that?

C1QQVjOWgAAkOe0.jpg

Probably because the helmet looks too much like the Steelers and the silver and black is one of the strongest brands in football.  Plus the one helmet rule.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think everyone agrees that the NFL's one helmet rule needs to be abolished. This would open up things a lot for most teams.

I'd love to see the Giants break out the mid 70's uniform with the blue pants. I always loved that uniform.

giants1975.jpg.7731e7ab210f2d8500c77945048bfa3d.jpgGiants.jpg.ae88fa1522eaab7039fde4a6cd27cde9.jpg

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Probably because the helmet looks too much like the Steelers and the silver and black is one of the strongest brands in football.  Plus the one helmet rule.

They didn’t have that rule back in 2009. It sure wasn’t a problem for Denver and New York to return to looks that are far different from their current (and more iconic) looks.

coaches_group_090321_SWIDE.jpg

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

4 hours ago, Wandell said:

I think everyone agrees that the NFL's one helmet rule needs to be abolished. This would open up things a lot for most teams.

I'd love to see the Giants break out the mid 70's uniform with the blue pants. I always loved that uniform.

giants1975.jpg.7731e7ab210f2d8500c77945048bfa3d.jpgGiants.jpg.ae88fa1522eaab7039fde4a6cd27cde9.jpg

The one helmet rule wouldnt stop them from doing this

Archived