kimball

Just for fun. A few quick PSs

spacer.png

Both colored jerseys have a tonal loves logo. The white has a black text and red heart. Still comes off as subtle

And as an extreme, here’s a modified rectangular yellow loves logo without the extra hearts. Instead the apostrophe heart is increased in size and the overall logo is more in line with the size of the nike swoosh. 

spacer.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, Satomiblood said:

Utah' s ad patch is still the best in terms of uniform integration. And believe me, I'd rather not see jersey ads, but if we have to "accept" them as the norm, the Jazz are among the least offensive aesthetically. In fact, 5 for the Fight almost doubles as a team slogan for them.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, AndrewMLind said:

It only seems that way because nobody knows what ‘5 for the Fight’ is.

5 for the Fight is the cancer research charity of Qualtrics, a Utah based tech company, who bought the patch space. So the patch isn’t an ad for the company itself, it’s for the company’s charity which is a really cool move by Qualtrics and the Jazz.

Combine all that with the fact the patches are in team colours and relatively non-intrusive, the Jazz easily have the “best” jersey ads.

IEI5Tg1.png

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, monkeypower said:

5 for the Fight is the cancer research charity of Qualtrics, a Utah based tech company, who bought the patch space. So the patch isn’t an ad for the company itself, it’s for the company’s charity which is a really cool move by Qualtrics and the Jazz.

Combine all that with the fact the patches are in team colours and relatively non-intrusive, the Jazz easily have the “best” jersey ads.

Yup, that's another reason as to why I like it the most.

17 minutes ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

his formerly blonde hair patch or the Love’s advertising patch

Well ... actually both

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

mavs_756_032019.jpg?itok=PKEhk30G

usa_today_12386578.0.jpg

What’s up guys it’s your infamous jersey matchup reviewer. I give this matchup an 11/10. My god is it beautiful. You can INSTANTLY tell who the home and away teams are. Court matches the home jerseys, away jerseys have no resemblance of the home team. Both teams are the complete opposite of each other and that’s great

IMG-7122.gif

6 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

mavs_756_032019.jpg?itok=PKEhk30G

usa_today_12386578.0.jpg

What’s up guys it’s your infamous jersey matchup reviewer. I give this matchup an 11/10. My god is it beautiful. You can INSTANTLY tell who the home and away teams are. Court matches the home jerseys, away jerseys have no resemblance of the home team. Both teams are the complete opposite of each other and that’s great

The rare times Nike’s (stupid and unnecessary) icon and association idea works out

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, Digby said:

There was definitely *some* amount of color vs. color happening in the late Adidas era, too. Nitpicks aside, though, that is in fact a lovely matchup, more of that please!

I think the biggest issue ... at least for me ... is the use of the white jerseys on the road. Sure it's happened before in the past, but there's no rhyme or reason it seems for when their worn on the road. I wish the white jerseys were worn only as a clash kit.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

It's frustrating to see the Bulls wear white on the road. I think it's even more frustrating than seeing the Lakers wear gold on the road. Really wish something could be done to restore some semblance of order to the league's uniform schedule. I'm actually okay with occasional color-on-color so long as there's enough contrast and it actually looks tasteful, but I wish we could go back to teams wearing white (or gold in the case of the Lakers) for the majority of their home games. At least straighten it our for the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

At least straighten it our for the playoffs.

After all the switching in the Finals the year the Cavs won, I doubt the league cares about anything anymore besides making money and making teams (as opposed to fans) happy.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, sayahh said:

After all the switching in the Finals the year the Cavs won, I doubt the league cares about anything anymore besides making money and making teams (as opposed to fans) happy.

I can't really see how it would hurt the league financially if they were to go back to the older model. I mean, sure, you'd have to make adjustments to avoid mishaps. There would still be ample opportunities to showcase all of the different uniforms, along with color-on-color. We're basically wishing the league would be a little more tasteful about it.

17 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

As much as I hate seeing Utah wear New Orleans colors I must admit this is my favorite jersey matchup of this season.

5c7e02664f385.image.jpg

These teams are inextricably linked forever. It would apropos (and wonderful) for them to share the same primary color scheme. At the very least, they should always wear complimentary uni's for their matchups.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

3 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

These teams are inextricably linked forever. It would apropos (and wonderful) for them to share the same primary color scheme. At the very least, they should always wear complimentary uni's for their matchups.

I agree. But, I do like the current Jazz colors. The level of blue works.

kimball banner.png

Archived