kimball

I really think any Nuggets/Cavs confusion can be easily averted if Denver is a navy/gold team with red trim, which if Conrad is correct in his assumptions, looks like that’s what they’ll be. I’m really not concerned or think it’ll be that much of a problem.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm neutral on the Nuggets. Powder blue and gold had it's contrasting issues, though the navy helped it a little, before they all but killed the powder blue in the end. I'm just a little annoyed that they're going for another color scheme... they need to choose one and stick with it. Now, I just want them to make better uniforms (and a logo) out of this.

Using three shades of blue was kinda stupid for the Grizzlies, but with the grayish silver, it's hard to make a comment. I'm gonna have to see how it's used, though I don't think it'll be very big. They desperately need a uniform redesign; the logo is also meh.

3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

I disagree

WARNING: Overstatement ahead: I think it could easily have been regarded as a modern Bulls logo if it had the legacy the Bulls logo carries. A Front facing animal head that’s not too Xtreme.

I don't see it. The colors are too dull and Grizzlies may not be Xtreme levels of cheese but it's still not a great name.

42 minutes ago, who do you think said:

I don't see it. The colors are too dull and Grizzlies may not be Xtreme levels of cheese but it's still not a great name.

I'll take it over the proposed name of Express from when they moved. 

Weren't the Grizzlies rumored a while back to go Black and Gold??! Then changed their minds?? Same as Toronto but we KNOW several Raptors shot down the idea of color scheme change. Not sure what happened to Memphis and why they kept their current identity.

shado_logo.gif

2 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Weren't the Grizzlies rumored a while back to go Black and Gold??! Then changed their minds?? Same as Toronto but we KNOW several Raptors shot down the idea of color scheme change. Not sure what happened to Memphis and why they kept their current identity.

It was just a season ticket campaign that made people think they were.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

There were social media avatars that had the Grizzlies logo in black and gold, but nothing more than that. I wanna say it was for the fifteenth anniversary or so and that they did it as a season ticket promotion. I don't think there was ever any intention of it being more than that. 

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. 

ff_1631812_xl.jpg&w=600

Can we please bring back this color scheme? Maybe replace Brown with Gold?  Or color scheme similar to below.

2016_09_16-MemphisGrizzlies-MLK-ILL-DQ_h

Or at least bring back this one and use as a jersey template?? It wasn't broke except the sleeves.

Ps. Thanks for clarifying that Grizzlies ticket holder color scheme question guys.

shado_logo.gif

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Weren't NBA teams being fined a lot of money by the league for re-colors of primary logos? Seems like we had some recolors in the 2000s (Jazz. Nuggets, Raptors, et al) and the NBA was trying to stop that...is that still a thing?

I think it was just the opposite: teams were re-coloring their logos, since there was a fine for redesigning them.

46 minutes ago, truepg said:

I think it was just the opposite: teams were re-coloring their logos, since there was a fine for redesigning them.

You're right. Logo changes cost teams $500,000.

I wonder if that's still the case?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, who do you think said:

I'm talking about just the animal head logo. They're both static logos viewed head on that are unmistakeably from their animal and you could probably figure out the name of the team by just looking at the outline of the logo. Both pass the crucial 'can an 8 year-old-draw-this test' . Triple blue  and yellow isn't red and black but the logo is solid and much better than the ultra aggressive  and overdetailed full body bear with the disappearing body and the perspective issues that make it seem like either  his paws are gigantic or he's in a very weird adaptation of the fetal position. 

The Grizzlies should make their  Beale Street blue the primary  with  brown or black and red as callback to Vancouver for a more subdued take on the 90's look. 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I'm not opposed to this color switch, but I am very wary of what the uniforms will look like. I keep my expectations very low when it comes to this organization.

They just need to pick an identity and stick with it. Stop switching every decade.

I am going to miss the current mountain primary, though. It's really goofy looking, but I always liked it.

jNTsTyQ.png

12 minutes ago, Mav_Rix said:

Am I the only one who thinks Memphis should change it's team name? Was thinking Memphis Blues or Memphis Sounds?

I actually quite like the nickname Grizzlies. I think they have that part right, they just need to get everything else about their brand on point

Clippers are the next NBA team with an ad patch so now there's 10 teams left without an ad on their uniform. This one is particularly awful due to it being an ad for a dating app. What's next? Are the Phoenix Suns going to team up with MySpace in a resurgence campaign?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22664672/la-clippers-sign-jersey-patch-deal-dating-app-bumble

bSLCtu2.png

Archived