kimball

2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Kings wearing light blue alternates at home against the Thunder in their dark and light blue alternates looks :censored:ing stupid. I can't believe this :censored: is allowed. It's hard to watch on tv.

Try watching the celtics in green and the hornets in black.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

On a different note, it's an absolute travesty that the Bucks haven't rolled out a replica mecca/matching city court to go with their new yellow digs. Overall I'm surprised by how much I don't hate them. DsaMWz8WkAIpCBb?format=jpgDsaUc6oUUAA4hY6?format=jpg

Its like nike is just teasing us with yellow. The darker gold on the bucks jersey is about what the lakers gold should be.

3 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Kings wearing light blue alternates at home against the Thunder in their dark and light blue alternates looks :censored:ing stupid. I can't believe this :censored: is allowed. It's hard to watch on tv.

I don't think it's that hard to follow. In fact I kinda like the contrast.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

On a different note, it's an absolute travesty that the Bucks haven't rolled out a replica mecca/matching city court to go with their new yellow digs. Overall I'm surprised by how much I don't hate them. DsaMWz8WkAIpCBb?format=jpgDsaUc6oUUAA4hY6?format=jpg

I've jumped completely on board the "I really like these" train. And yes, it is a shame that there isn't an alternate court to go with them of any kind. 

6 hours ago, kimball said:

Agreed. Wish OKC wore navy compression gear with that, I suppose.

I think light blue vs. white is much harder to follow. Mostly I blame the Grizz for that.

9993849-nba-memphis-grizzlies-at-san-ant

kyrie-irving-97d12410b542185c.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

M&N has Swingman NBA jerseys now. Has anyone picked one up? I always wanted some of those 90s jerseys but didn't feel like spending $300. Is the quality similar to the Nike swingman jerseys?

M&N debuted their throwback NBA jerseys last year (17-18). 

Better quality than current Nike Swingmans (nothing is sewn on the current Nike jerseys), slightly better than Reebok/Adidas Swingmans.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, kimball said:

That's terrible. Blue vs light blue is not enough contrast.

NBA, get your :censored: together.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, andregunts said:

so, this is Mr Captain Obvious speaking. 

Why didnt the Bucks just put out the alternate throwback court that they used the before?

Maybe they're not wearing them for enough games at the 4-1-Forum to make that worthwhile.  They're wearing the City uniform on the road as well.

I'm bummed that the Mecca-style floor didn't make it to the new digs, given that the FTD court did...the new floor just looks like every other NBA court ever.  The buck by itself at center court is the only improvement over the BC court.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I guess part of the reason why the Bucks aren't using the replica Robert Indiana court is it was sanded down and being used by their D-League team now ...

After the game, the floor was sanded down to remove the replica of Indiana's original work and moved to Menominee Nation Arena in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, home to the Bucks' NBA G League affiliate, the Wisconsin Herd (although the team does not play on the floor used in the commemorative game).

That's a bummer.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

It wouldn't be right to use that Mecca court again anyways. They used it in the original Mecca building last year for a single game and that was it. Leave it be. I think what you guys want is for the Bucks to have a new, modernized court design for the City uniform. I don't think it's necessary as the uniform ties to the current court just fine and the colors pop appropriately.

The Bucks uniforms didn't even match the Mecca court they played on so it only makes sense that the jersey based on it doesn't match the court.

bSLCtu2.png

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

How much money does a new court cost, anyway? I've been wondering about the economics of these matchy courts.

Probably around $100K (but they depreciate on the cash flow report). Maybe a little more for complicated paint.

Decent article I found: https://www.thespruce.com/basketball-court-flooring-1314665

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, WSU151 said:

M&N debuted their throwback NBA jerseys last year (17-18). 

Better quality than current Nike Swingmans (nothing is sewn on the current Nike jerseys), slightly better than Reebok/Adidas Swingmans.

Thank you. I have a Nike Heat city edition and while I'm not thrilled with it quality-wise it's good to know these would be better. Might pick one up on black friday (I've already seen them as low as $90 on sale)

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived