kimball

21 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

NBA-New-Uniforms-Colours-City-Earned-201

okay but why the heck are the pelicans getting a white earned jersey when they already have two other white jerseys. Considering the earned jerseys we’ve seen are just recolors, I’m gonna bet the pelicans earned jerseys are just the regular white jerseys that say pelicans instead of new orleans

Now that we've seen the Earned jerseys can be recolors of the Statements (and not just the City jerseys), I'm guessing the Rockets' bright red will be a red/gold version of the black Statement.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

At least you're not the Cavs getting a light blue one... Still confused about that one.

I’m guessing it might be a light blue version of “THE LAND” from last year.

Excellent!

7 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

Probably dumb question, but if the Blazers aren’t wearing their Earned jerseys for Christmas then are they unveiling them earlier?

The Blazers are wearing theirs for the first time on the 29th. I’m guessing that all of the Earned edition uniforms will be unveiled around the same time, shortly before Christmas. None of them will be worn before Christmas, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/30/2018 at 6:09 PM, nyk said:

They are winless in the Vice jersey... could be superstitious reasons why they made the switch.

Of course they ditched the Vice jersey for superstitious reasons.  Players will keep certain routines or wear the same clothes, unwashed, if they are on a hot streak.  It's why they stick with the same number, if they could, when they go to a new team.  I would declare the Vice jerseys dead except I wonder if they are obligated to wear them a certain number of games.  They skipped them on Sunday, too, and won.

The Nuggets City unis are great but as usual, Nike has to add their touch to screw it up. The thin lines for the logo washes it out and gives off that "fuzzy" vibe so you can't see it clearly. No need for the pencil lines.

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

That jersey stinks.  It's the bastardization of like 12 different uniform elements, it looks dumb.  It has no creativity.  I actually hate it.  

I'm sure they'll be wearing them in the NBA Finals, so I guess I'd better get used to them.  

Yeah the black trim is a little odd. I'd prefer blue trim. However, the Warriors should always be in gold IMO and I'm glad to see a non-throwback gold jersey. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I love the idea behind the Oakland jerseys- the oak tree as a local play on the Golden Gate Bridge is really awesome. It's just that it is a total mix and match of random design elements that don't mesh very well at all. The skinny block typeface is almost as generic as Copperplate and is just a poor choice in general, the side panels don't work as well as they do on the main set, and the removal of blue sucks a lot of the life out of it. Not to mention the cruel irony of the team quickly abandoning Oakland due to the recently meteoric success of the team, even after the city suffered through decades of terrible play. 

spacer.png

SIDE NOTE: I wonder if we'll see a modern take on 'THE CITY' jersey next year? Also, do we know if the Warriors will be changing their logo? Like a swap out of the Bay Bridge for the Golden Gate Bridge?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

27 minutes ago, kimball said:

SIDE NOTE: I wonder if we'll see a modern take on 'THE CITY' jersey next year? Also, do we know if the Warriors will be changing their logo? Like a swap out of the Bay Bridge for the Golden Gate Bridge?

I wouldn't be opposed to them using "The City" jersey.  Also, I think they stick with the Bay Bridge since they probably wouldn't want to completely alienate their long-time Oakland fans.

10 hours ago, Teal said:

2zfsxhc.jpg

Man, it really is a shame that a team that good regularly puts out really bad uniforms (throwbacks excluded, those are dope). Their uniforms are so boring. The bridge cable idea is good in theory but it just lacks good execution. 

Archived