kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I actually like Copperplate for the wordmark, but it absolutely shouldn’t stay as the number font.

I say it works well for both, I don’t honestly see any real issue with the warriors brand at this point it’s top five in the league easily 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I actually like Copperplate for the wordmark, but it absolutely shouldn’t stay as the number font.

I say it works well for both, I don’t honestly see any real issue with the warriors brand at this point it’s top five in the league easily 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

4 hours ago, Waffles said:

The Nets' 2K league team unveiled their logo, which to the best of my knowledge, is the first in franchise history to include an actual net:

IGM9_4Qj_400x400.jpg

A net that's also the Brooklyn Bridge? I really like that. Its better than that stupid B shield thing already

7 hours ago, truepg said:

The ugly gray Pacers' City uni was as ugly on the court.

I agree is ugly as hell, but this jersey actually could be nice if they only removed stupid stripes from right side and change Gray to Yellow or Navy or even White.

4r2eer.png

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I will say, it's grown on since it was unveiled back in 2010, but not that much. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

43 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Wait, what the heck are these? What category are these? 

Earned Jersey. They're basically redesign of the City or Statement jerseys for teams that made the playoffs last year.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I agree is ugly as hell, but this jersey actually could be nice if they only removed stupid stripes from right side and change Gray to Yellow or Navy or even White.

I think the 2018 City Pacers uniform would be top 10 if only they used a color that was in their scheme instead of gray/grey.

shado_logo.gif

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

I think the 2018 City Pacers uniform would be top 10 if only they used a color that was in their scheme instead of gray/grey.

Gray is in the pacers color scheme, but I think it should have stayed as an accent color.

21 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Yikes, disagreed.  The font used on the "Town" jerseys is just vastly superior.  Put that on on their standard home and aways and they'd be close to perfect.  That copperplate drags them down significantly in my book.  

It's not just an overused, generic typeface.  It's an ugly typeface that is completely out of place on a sports uniform.

The current unis with the old Friz Quadrata wouldn't be all the bad either. Friz is overused, but it looks decent on a sports uniform...which is why it's overused.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I hate this argument, because it's purely subjective. Because, I could make arguments that Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Sixers, Trail Blazers, Pistons and Wizards have a better brand than the Warriors (probably even more). 

There has to be a way to quantify brands more than opinion and purely sales. Because, when you have two of the top players in the league ... of course you're going to sell more jerseys.

I might have a project on my hands ...

kimball banner.png

10 minutes ago, kimball said:

I hate this argument, because it's purely subjective. Because, I could make arguments that Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Sixers, Trail Blazers, Pistons and Wizards have a better brand than the Warriors (probably even more). 

There has to be a way to quantify brands more than opinion and purely sales. Because, when you have two of the top players in the league ... of course you're going to sell more jerseys.

I might have a project on my hands ...

That is an interesting question. My graduate college background involved big data so these kinds of thought exercises fascinate me.

Some data points could be how often a team changes their logo/colors/uniforms. And drilling even further, how drastic of a deviation from the team’s historical logo/colors/uniforms pattern as well. Then how drastic of a deviation from the most recent tri-combo of the brand (are they going in a new direction or reverting back? A stronger historical brand - what I assume your ultimate “top 5” would be - would cause teams that stray to go back, like Toronto Blue Jays in baseball). You can even give statiscal values to each of the three elements of the brand as weights, like Logo being the “heaviest” for example, as well as apply weights to the overall history of a brand vs the previous look. 

Sorry to give you my totally unsolicited opinion, but this is the internet. 

Archived