kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mav_Rix said:

Am I the only one who thinks Memphis should change it's team name? Was thinking Memphis Blues or Memphis Sounds?

I’ve always loved Memphis Blues, but only if the Jazz were still in New Orleans to create the perfect natural rivalry.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, Mav_Rix said:

Am I the only one who thinks Memphis should change it's team name? Was thinking Memphis Blues or Memphis Sounds?

I'm with you on that. 

Heck, I'd almost be okay with the Memphis Express.

But, speaking of express, why hasn't FedEx bought the jersey sponsorship from the Grizz? Seems like a natural pairing.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm with you on that. 

Heck, I'd almost be okay with the Memphis Express.

But, speaking of express, why hasn't FedEx bought the jersey sponsorship from the Grizz? Seems like a natural pairing.

I don't think any arena sponsors are the jersey sponsors of the teams that play in the building.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, kimball said:

If I'm making a wish list of (realistic) changes next season, mine would be ...

Oklahoma City

Dallas
Houston

Brooklyn

Memphis

This is just one logo/uniform nerd’s opinion, but OKC, Houston and Dallas would do great to completely start from scratch (Dallas to the old green and blue  M with a hat wouldn’t be terrible. Houston to the clutch city era would be cool too), Brooklyn add red and blue and drop the black, and a part of me I kinda hate wants Memphis to embrace and maybe go back to the Tams. Or at least rebrand. The Grizzlies looked right in Vancouver. 

15 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think any arena sponsors are the jersey sponsors of the teams that play in the building.

Oh, yeah, they play in the FedExForum ... forgot that.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

19 hours ago, SJAnfield said:

This is just one logo/uniform nerd’s opinion, but OKC, Houston and Dallas would do great to completely start from scratch (Dallas to the old green and blue  M with a hat wouldn’t be terrible. Houston to the clutch city era would be cool too), Brooklyn add red and blue and drop the black, and a part of me I kinda hate wants Memphis to embrace and maybe go back to the Tams. Or at least rebrand. The Grizzlies looked right in Vancouver. 

people (MLB fans) tend to hate when going back to older looks and colorways. BUT WHY? NBA going in the opposite direction of design in my eyes. Thats why throwback NBA jersey sales are on a huge incline, I work with Lids and get data of jersey sales in our tiny district :P

23 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’ve always loved Memphis Blues, but only if the Jazz were still in New Orleans to create the perfect natural rivalry.

I've had the exact same thought. I wonder if the St. Louis Blues' existence would be an issue as well in such a hypothetical scenario.  

Also, as a kid, I associated jazz music with the Rocky Mountains and the Utah Jazz are to blame. 

I would actually like Memphis to keep the name Grizzlies. Instead I would want them to change their look, go for a more wilderness theme with their unis rather than a cool, laid back Memphis blue look. Something like brown and red perhaps? it makes sense considering there are bears in Tennessee (granted they are black bears but, Memphis Black Bears doesn't have a good ring to it)

3 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I would actually like Memphis to keep the name Grizzlies. Instead I would want them to change their look, go for a more wilderness theme with their unis rather than a cool, laid back Memphis blue look. Something like brown and red perhaps?

220px-Justin_Timberlake_-_Man_of_the_Woo

2 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

^^^Also one thing to note is that the city uniforms still had not been made at that time. Take that information as you wish.

Weren't the city unis unveiled in late December? The team knew what the city uniforms were going to look like well before December.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Pacers make me sick to my stomach. Why don't they just do a twist on the Hoosiers uniform with deep blue jersey and gold shorts??!!

@Conrad. can you do a mockup of that?? "Indiana" instead of "Hickory" across the chest and replace the red with blue? Please??!?

shado_logo.gif

It is kind of a shame that the NBA didn't go with the 90's throwbacks a few years back -- Indiana, Atlanta, Utah, Detroit, Philadelphia and a few others were supposedly going to participate. Not sure why it didn't happen? But, I really would love to see the Pistons' teal, Jazz's purple mountain and Rockets' pajamas return at least 1-2 times (though with Nike that would be 1-2 a week) during the year.

kimball banner.png

Archived