Jump to content

kimball
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Mav_Rix said:

Am I the only one who thinks Memphis should change it's team name? Was thinking Memphis Blues or Memphis Sounds?

 

I'm with you on that. 

 

Heck, I'd almost be okay with the Memphis Express.

 

But, speaking of express, why hasn't FedEx bought the jersey sponsorship from the Grizz? Seems like a natural pairing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kimball said:

 

I'm with you on that. 

 

Heck, I'd almost be okay with the Memphis Express.

 

But, speaking of express, why hasn't FedEx bought the jersey sponsorship from the Grizz? Seems like a natural pairing.

 

I don't think any arena sponsors are the jersey sponsors of the teams that play in the building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, kimball said:

If I'm making a wish list of (realistic) changes next season, mine would be ...

 

Oklahoma City

Dallas
Houston

Brooklyn

Memphis

This is just one logo/uniform nerd’s opinion, but OKC, Houston and Dallas would do great to completely start from scratch (Dallas to the old green and blue  M with a hat wouldn’t be terrible. Houston to the clutch city era would be cool too), Brooklyn add red and blue and drop the black, and a part of me I kinda hate wants Memphis to embrace and maybe go back to the Tams. Or at least rebrand. The Grizzlies looked right in Vancouver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SJAnfield said:

This is just one logo/uniform nerd’s opinion, but OKC, Houston and Dallas would do great to completely start from scratch (Dallas to the old green and blue  M with a hat wouldn’t be terrible. Houston to the clutch city era would be cool too), Brooklyn add red and blue and drop the black, and a part of me I kinda hate wants Memphis to embrace and maybe go back to the Tams. Or at least rebrand. The Grizzlies looked right in Vancouver. 

people (MLB fans) tend to hate when going back to older looks and colorways. BUT WHY? NBA going in the opposite direction of design in my eyes. Thats why throwback NBA jersey sales are on a huge incline, I work with Lids and get data of jersey sales in our tiny district :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I’ve always loved Memphis Blues, but only if the Jazz were still in New Orleans to create the perfect natural rivalry.

I've had the exact same thought. I wonder if the St. Louis Blues' existence would be an issue as well in such a hypothetical scenario.  

 

Also, as a kid, I associated jazz music with the Rocky Mountains and the Utah Jazz are to blame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would actually like Memphis to keep the name Grizzlies. Instead I would want them to change their look, go for a more wilderness theme with their unis rather than a cool, laid back Memphis blue look. Something like brown and red perhaps? it makes sense considering there are bears in Tennessee (granted they are black bears but, Memphis Black Bears doesn't have a good ring to it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I would actually like Memphis to keep the name Grizzlies. Instead I would want them to change their look, go for a more wilderness theme with their unis rather than a cool, laid back Memphis blue look. Something like brown and red perhaps?

220px-Justin_Timberlake_-_Man_of_the_Woo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

^^^Also one thing to note is that the city uniforms still had not been made at that time. Take that information as you wish.


Weren't the city unis unveiled in late December? The team knew what the city uniforms were going to look like well before December.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Pacers make me sick to my stomach. Why don't they just do a twist on the Hoosiers uniform with deep blue jersey and gold shorts??!!

 

@Conrad. can you do a mockup of that?? "Indiana" instead of "Hickory" across the chest and replace the red with blue? Please??!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is kind of a shame that the NBA didn't go with the 90's throwbacks a few years back -- Indiana, Atlanta, Utah, Detroit, Philadelphia and a few others were supposedly going to participate. Not sure why it didn't happen? But, I really would love to see the Pistons' teal, Jazz's purple mountain and Rockets' pajamas return at least 1-2 times (though with Nike that would be 1-2 a week) during the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.