kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm more annoyed by the choices the teams are making in design and when they choose to wear certain looks than i am with the quantity itself. the warriors have a crazy amount of yellow on their court. it just looks better if the lakers wear purple there. i also hate when teams who have a colored uniform wear their black unis in brooklyn or san antonio, as well.

we're not far off from a scenario where the wolves are wearing their purple prince unis in sacramento while the kings are in light blue and red. it's a mess.

2 hours ago, TJKiddsHead said:

i'm more annoyed by the choices the teams are making in design and when they choose to wear certain looks than i am with the quantity itself. the warriors have a crazy amount of yellow on their court. it just looks better if the lakers wear purple there. i also hate when teams who have a colored uniform wear their black unis in brooklyn or san antonio, as well.

we're not far off from a scenario where the wolves are wearing their purple prince unis in sacramento while the kings are in light blue and red. it's a mess.

Oh it's happening. Unfortunately. And the exact problem with the nets has happened kings wearing black both times against the nets if I recall. 

When I walk into my home teams arena (G1C in this case) I want to see my team in the home whites against the visiting team in their team colored road uniform.

I don't wanna see kings in black Lakers in yellow in Sacramento. That's sacrilegious to me. 

1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

As others have said, it's refreshing to see the traditional white at home vs road colors since it's become such a rarity.

Today's Magic-Raptors game was white vs color too.

bfNR02g.jpg

As much as I would love to see a soccer style "primary and clash kits" system in the NBA (which is what I was hoping this new Nike system would turn into, not the mess it is now), I also think that the classic white at home vs color on road looks great as well.

Side note: This is one of the last times we'll ever see these Magic uniforms, as it's known that the team will switch the designations so black will be the "Icon" uniforms, and the current blues will only be worn two more times according to LockerVision. It's a shame, because I think these blue uniforms are the best in the current set, closely followed by white. The regular black uniform is fine as an alternate, but blue should be the primary color. The black and navy "City" uniforms should be burned.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Today's Magic-Raptors game was white vs color too.

bfNR02g.jpg

As much as I would love to see a soccer style "primary and clash kits" system in the NBA (which is what I was hoping this new Nike system would turn into, not the mess it is now), I also think that the classic white at home vs color on road looks great as well.

Side note: This is one of the last times we'll ever see these Magic uniforms, as it's known that the team will switch the designations so black will be the "Icon" uniforms, and the current blues will only be worn two more times according to LockerVision. It's a shame, because I think these blue uniforms are the best in the current set, closely followed by white. The regular black uniform is fine as an alternate, but blue should be the primary color. The black and navy "City" uniforms should be burned.

Yeah the blue jerseys have so much life to them. The black ones??? Not so much

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Is lockervision 100% accurate?

Of 6 black/white(silver) matchups tomorrow, only one features the home team in white. Now you tell me How this isn't just a tiny bit confusing for the average fan. 

Of all the games tomorrow, there's only four colors at play here (plus black/white). 

Three matchups with white at home look promising.  It's pretty much averaging out to 20% of the league games being somewhat 'normal'. Then it's 50% black at home. As much as there is praise for choices and variety, the right variety isn't always there. 

22 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Question? Does anyone miss red for Milwaukee bc I do

Not even close 😂

no offense! But I think that for all of this board’s collective bias toward old looks, the Bucks are an example of looking their best nowadays. I’m kind of amused by the Bucks’ long history of dark green plus...something. Red, purple, lime, and now either cream or blue I guess.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 2/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, TJKiddsHead said:

timberwolves moving away from the tree motif on their unis and phasing out green in all but ONE alt has been a mistake. they need to reset.

Yeah, you won't see a forest with no green, unless it's been chopped down. A propos?

Miss it very much. Once they went back to their original color scheme, it should have been there to stay (this is probably the case for any team that does that). The whole set wasn't perfect, but the colors should have stayed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, the admiral said:

Miss it very much. Once they went back to their original color scheme, it should have been there to stay (this is probably the case for any team that does that). The whole set wasn't perfect, but the colors should have stayed.

My favorite color scheme for the Bucks was the Irish Rainbow. I still think that scheme could work today with more modern fonts and jersey design.

Green and red together...it isn't impossible to get right. The Wild do a good job of it. I've always liked the NJ Devils' old red-and-green sweaters. And the Bucks have never had a truly bad set in any colors...but I really appreciate the uniqueness of three shades of green together.

16 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Looking back at bucks jerseys, they got it right the very first time with Oscar and Kareem, should’ve never changed it. That was also the best seasons until now so

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

10 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Question? Does anyone miss red for Milwaukee bc I do

eb278c33-ec3f-485d-92cf-fcaff85d4591-Buc

I think this color scheme and font amalgamized with the current uniform design/template would be grea.....no perfect. No purple, no black, no wisconsin lake blue or whatever they call it.

Irish green rainbow, red and cream.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

tnt.jpg?w=1000&h=580&crop=1

this should be a forbidden matchup. Every casual fan would assume the Celtics are the home team

The bucks should only wear black at home, when the black court is available to be used. The heat were able to get away with not following the uniform schedule so the bucks should have too, that night.

Archived