kimball

4 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

tnt.jpg?w=1000&h=580&crop=1

this should be a forbidden matchup. Every casual fan would assume the Celtics are the home team

You know, except for the big Bucks logo at center court and the fiserv.forum wordmark close by. Is the casual fan turning the game off after first glance or ignoring all identifying markers in a photo? 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

You know, except for the big Bucks logo at center court and the fiserv.forum wordmark close by. Is the casual fan turning the game off after first glance or ignoring all identifying markers in a photo? 

And that the Celtics are wearing green and the bucks have worn black at home prior to the Nike switch?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I don't think the casual fan cares. Sure, there are some times when recent uni trends attract attention, like the Utah sunset jerseys or the occasional low-contrast matchup. But by and large, these are the edge cases, and the casuals aren't going to notice or find it worth mentioning that maybe the Celtics wore green at home today or whatever.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 2/25/2019 at 5:43 AM, jus2damcrazey219 said:

eb278c33-ec3f-485d-92cf-fcaff85d4591-Buc

I think this color scheme and font amalgamized with the current uniform design/template would be grea.....no perfect. No purple, no black, no wisconsin lake blue or whatever they call it.

Irish green rainbow, red and cream.

I would rather not see any ads on NBA uniforms, but if they're going to have them, can't they at least line up the Harley badge with the vertical Bucks wording? 

It's looking like black at home vs white is 3-4 times more common than white at home vs. ANY COLOR. We have a love affair for black for some reason. With hundreds of more jersey choices and combos, the NBA has turned into a black vs white league majority. The more things change, the more teams just copy each other. 

Tomorrow and thursday has 3 decent matchups. Both kings and Lakers are wearing purple at home vs. white. Very innovative. 

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

What happened to the Bucks alternate court?

For whatever reason they didn't use it that night? LockerVision had them using it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 2/22/2019 at 8:21 PM, pelicanfan said:

1126665277-850x560.jpeg&c=sc&w=590&h=389

these are the types of matchups I love seeing. Both teams wearing vibrant primary colors. While the home teams court and uniforms match perfectly and the away team is perfectly differentiated 

I really hope Lakers consider going back to tradition. They can mix it up occasionally but keep the white jersey as the Sunday home jersey. And fix the purple jersey and actually wear it.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, andregunts said:

watching highlights of this game was something else, dare I say the best looking basketball game this season?

One of the better ones for sure. I think it would've looked better on Charlotte's court, though.

Brooklyn Nets Sued By Coogi Over City Uniform Design

February 28, 2019 - 19:58 PM

The Brooklyn Nets are being sued by Coogi for their City Edition uniform design. According to a report in the New York Post, Coogi filed the lawsuit on Wednesday in Manhattan Federal Court naming the Nets, Nike, and the NBA […]

Read More...

When I first saw this I thought it said Corgi, and I was wondering since when dogs could design jerseys or file lawsuits.

For what it's worth, I like that colorful pattern contrasting with the team's black and white. It would be a shame if they couldn't wear it anymore.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:00 AM, Froob said:

I really hope Lakers consider going back to tradition. They can mix it up occasionally but keep the white jersey as the Sunday home jersey. And fix the purple jersey and actually wear it.

I think if they had a matching purple version of the gold it would be great. However, I think even with the black they are nice looking uniforms. Just like when the Knicks added black it was a nice look, it just wasn't the Knicks.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:00 AM, Froob said:

I really hope Lakers consider going back to tradition.

At the optometrist:

Is one better or is two better?  (I couldn't help myself.)

spacer.pngspacer.png

To rehash the dark/black jerseys vs away white jerseys happening way too frequently, we can look right at the New York Knicks. Apparently they won't be wearing their dark Navy blue City jerseys at all on the road. Home crowds are seeing less color variation than ever before. We may be at an all time low in variation for home crowds. Do they care? I think the Knicks home crowd will have seen just 6-7 colors all year long (half of those colors just once or twice. Overwhelming majority dark vs white).

I remember reading about why the cowboys went with white at home for NFL. They made mention of having color variation when the away team shows up. Just more fun to see color variation for the fans and surroundings. 

---

Three potential red/blue/purple away matchups today/tomorrow will have Navy and black instead.  Reds, blues, maroons, and oranges are out. The Celtics are on Pace to have worn green on the road just half the time. The Pistons in their icon blue, maybe 20% of their road contests. 

I guess as long as jerseys sales are up, we won't see a shift back to '70s to '10s normalcy. 

------

I'd be super happy just to see some of these colored jerseys get used on the road. Twolves will not wear their lime statement jerseys away from home. Same with Miami's pink earned. Road teams don't need special courts NBA. Let them spread their wings. In fact I think there are one or two exclusive sets that each team only wears home or away. It just so happens the home color sets stay at home. 

Btw I was very irked to see Wade in white and Dirk in that weird Navy or grey jersey for their last game in Dallas. 

This shouldn't have happened

spacer.png

They couldn't have done this?

spacer.png

Alright. Rant over. 

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

To rehash the dark/black jerseys vs away white jerseys happening way too frequently, we can look right at the New York Knicks. Apparently they won't be wearing their dark Navy blue City jerseys at all on the road. Home crowds are seeing less color variation than ever before. We may be at an all time low in variation for home crowds. Do they care? I think the Knicks home crowd will have seen just 6-7 colors all year long (half of those colors just once or twice. Overwhelming majority dark vs white).

I remember reading about why the cowboys went with white at home for NFL. They made mention of having color variation when the away team shows up. Just more fun to see color variation for the fans and surroundings. 

---

Three potential red/blue/purple away matchups today/tomorrow will have Navy and black instead.  Reds, blues, maroons, and oranges are out. The Celtics are on Pace to have worn green on the road just half the time. The Pistons in their icon blue, maybe 20% of their road contests. 

I guess as long as jerseys sales are up, we won't see a shift back to '70s to '10s normalcy. 

------

I'd be super happy just to see some of these colored jerseys get used on the road. Twolves will not wear their lime statement jerseys away from home. Same with Miami's pink earned. Road teams don't need special courts NBA. Let them spread their wings. In fact I think there are one or two exclusive sets that each team only wears home or away. It just so happens the home color sets stay at home. 

Btw I was very irked to see Wade in white and Dirk in that weird Navy or grey jersey for their last game in Dallas. 

This shouldn't have happened

spacer.png

They couldn't have done this?

spacer.png

Alright. Rant over. 

Standing ovation!

I used to go to Staples Center games as a journalist and remember how much I loved to see which away jersey the visiting teams would wear. During that 3-year span I specially remember a Hornets visit against the Lakers and how happy I was to see teal versus gold for the first time!

Due to the Lakers popularity and black-for-black-sake trend I had a suspicion the teams would wear black against LAL way more often than they would against other teams, so if I was bothered by the huge amount of visiting black I'd see on a given year I can't imagine how much it must suck to see the home team in their colors vs white all year long...

Archived