6 hours ago, MattMill said:

To rehash the dark/black jerseys vs away white jerseys happening way too frequently, we can look right at the New York Knicks. Apparently they won't be wearing their dark Navy blue City jerseys at all on the road. Home crowds are seeing less color variation than ever before. We may be at an all time low in variation for home crowds. Do they care? I think the Knicks home crowd will have seen just 6-7 colors all year long (half of those colors just once or twice. Overwhelming majority dark vs white).

I remember reading about why the cowboys went with white at home for NFL. They made mention of having color variation when the away team shows up. Just more fun to see color variation for the fans and surroundings. 

---

Three potential red/blue/purple away matchups today/tomorrow will have Navy and black instead.  Reds, blues, maroons, and oranges are out. The Celtics are on Pace to have worn green on the road just half the time. The Pistons in their icon blue, maybe 20% of their road contests. 

I guess as long as jerseys sales are up, we won't see a shift back to '70s to '10s normalcy. 

------

I'd be super happy just to see some of these colored jerseys get used on the road. Twolves will not wear their lime statement jerseys away from home. Same with Miami's pink earned. Road teams don't need special courts NBA. Let them spread their wings. In fact I think there are one or two exclusive sets that each team only wears home or away. It just so happens the home color sets stay at home. 

Btw I was very irked to see Wade in white and Dirk in that weird Navy or grey jersey for their last game in Dallas. 

This shouldn't have happened

spacer.png

They couldn't have done this?

spacer.png

Alright. Rant over. 

That Dallas jersey he gave Wade is one of the worst of all time. Probably the worst Nike jersey so far.

1 hour ago, Froob said:

That Dallas jersey he gave Wade is one of the worst of all time. Probably the worst Nike jersey so far.

The Spurs say hello.

Drkr3zNU8AEIhnO.jpg

I should actually database all of the lockervision info.  Of ~12 road games the Kings wore their baby blues, only one game (against Minnesota) was with the home team in white. The rest is basically 9 games home team in black and kings in baby blue. It’s just odd the more I look at it. 

Of ~9 home games the hawks wore their baby blue classics, only one is against white. 6 or so against dark and one each against red/blue. Zero on the road. 

I get it. You want to show your new shiny goods to your home fans.  But it’s a travesty the classic hawks will not be shown on the road. 

Seeing lime green or baby blue at MSG would be awesome. The best matchup at msg was probably white vs red the two-three Times we saw it. Unfortunately the knicks wore their city navys against okcs orange earned. White vs orange would’ve been awesome. 

Of four orange earned road games for OKC, only one was against a home white. 

Of 10 road aqua icon jersey games for Charlotte, the home team only wore white three times. 

Just as black vs white has become very common, black Vs color is quite the combo too. I’ll stop rehashing this info for now. But it’s defnitely looking like a mere 10-20% of games are following past traditions. It’s a lot for a casual fan to consume. 

Some of these color combos are so rare now, I’m glad we have multiple people mentioning how great laker gold vs red was. We need more of that. 

14 hours ago, kimball said:

The Spurs say hello.

Drkr3zNU8AEIhnO.jpg

Lol. Hold my beer.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, kimball said:

The Spurs say hello.

Drkr3zNU8AEIhnO.jpg

Atleast it’s in color scheme, tell me when the mavs added neon blue and charcoal to their color scheme

SA has had some mediocre to downright bad alternate jerseys, which is a shame since their black and white primaries have always been among my favorites uniforms (right up there with the Celtics, Heat, Bulls, and Lakers). I really hate what the Nike template has done to their side panels, though.

Somebody pointed this out to me which I though was pretty funny. 😅spacer.png

2 hours ago, JELKK said:

Somebody pointed this out to me which I though was pretty funny. 😅spacer.png

Eh?

I’d be so happy if the Dubs wore yellow at home during the entire playoffs (and hopefully blue on the road). Last year was so lame when they were wore white like 80% of the time and black the other 20%. 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, kimball said:

The Spurs say hello.

Drkr3zNU8AEIhnO.jpg

I think those and the earned white version are weirdly kinda fun. It’s a lot better than the usual turd green military appreciation jerseys (especially the Heat ones). Would be a lot more fun to have a fiesta style and the jerseys and apparel would sell like crazy.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, kimball said:

The Spurs say hello.

Drkr3zNU8AEIhnO.jpg

I actually think the Mavs alts are far worse. The color scheme is weird and has a toothpaste/mint flavor vibe to it. Nothing indicative of Dallas or the Mavs. 

While the current spurs alts are not great they at least incorporate their colors and (obviously) are military inspired. SA has a strong military presence so these at the very least make sense, but i'd also say theyre an upgrade over their previous military iterations. 

On 3/7/2019 at 7:03 AM, Froob said:

The jerseys that had "DAL" on the front were way worse if you ask me

The DAL wordmark was terrible, but I actually loved the neon green and blue trim once I saw the Dallas skyline at night in person last winter.

This thunder/blazers game two nights back got me thinking. What are these head to head matchups looking like for conference rivals. How are their identities being shown throughout a season?

In total, The blazers will have worn their black city jerseys about 8 times at home. 5 times on the road. 

Blazers home vs thunder road 2 matchups 

1. Red statement vs blue

2. Black city vs blue

Blazers away vs thunder 2 matchups

3. White thunder vs black city

4. White thunder vs black city 

For variety sake, black should be used once and on the road. 

More ideally:

White vs orange earned

White vs OKC blue

White thunder vs red blazers

White thunder vs black blazers 

Gives you more combos and options   4 vs 3

Watching the rockets last night, my brother who's a casual fan even brought it up. He asked why Houston is always wearing black (home or away). He's never once brought up jerseys or identities in 20 plus years we've been watching the NBA. That says something IMHO. 

are the thunder the rare team where every alternate they have right now is a better uniform than their regular association and icon looks? if they could inject some life into the white uni i would say this is the best they've ever looked.

D0wYrOzWsAEGG0M.jpg

DvifN9eWoAYzkLa.jpg

D0sXOO6WoAUSkgD.jpg

6 hours ago, TJKiddsHead said:

are the thunder the rare team where every alternate they have right now is a better uniform than their regular association and icon looks? if they could inject some life into the white uni i would say this is the best they've ever looked.

D0wYrOzWsAEGG0M.jpg

DvifN9eWoAYzkLa.jpg

D0sXOO6WoAUSkgD.jpg

Make the statement the new icon and the earned the new statement. Would be cool to see that city stick for at least another season. I’ve loved the incorporation of orange this season in the earned jersey and the accessories.

2 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

OKC should just get rid of their original uniforms

Ot was it BECAUSE the original uniforms were so bad that these appear to be exponentially better?