On 4/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, lbj273 said:

The current set needs the Run TMC wordmark on the front instead of the logo and I'd agree, but as is it's in the bottom tier of looks in the league in my opinion.

Heavily disagree, I thought it was universally agreed the warriors main uniforms, not the alts, were really nice and well done. Which for me is a part of the reason I hate them more. They win a lot, and look good while doing it.

53 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

They already tried that:

spacer.png

If the wordmark and numbers were yellow there that would be a gorgeous uniform.

1 minute ago, BellaSpurs said:

Heavily disagree, I thought it was universally agreed the warriors main uniforms, not the alts, were really nice and well done. Which for me is a part of the reason I hate them more. They win a lot, and look good while doing it.

Very likely that I'm in the unpopular opinion side of things, but the front chest logo rather than a wordmark has always looked amatuerish to me and has bugged me more than how arrogant Curry and Thompson have gotten after that first "Splash Brothers" season when the nation/media fell in love with them

I wish they had been able to justify using the ~*iconic*~ Golden Gate Bridge instead of a Bay Bridge expansion no one cares about, and Copperplate is wretched (esp. the squashed numbers), but other than that, I love the logo in the front as a signature design element.

To be honest, I’ve never been that big a fan of the Warriors’ uniforms. The full name on the jersey has always been a bit much, I don’t like the crest fill being a contrasting color than the jersey (rather than same color as the jersey and the bridge + roundel be the contrasting color instead) and the side panels have always bugged me. The best way I can describe that particular problem is that, to me, they really clutter things up when they already have a big blob of a crest on the front and I’d much rather the side panels not be there on the jersey at all in that case (don’t mind them on the shorts though; they’re not cluttering there).

I vastly prefer something closer to the 1975 championship set or Run TMC. Either or is fine with me and much better than what they’ve got now in my opinion.

22 hours ago, lbj273 said:

If the wordmark and numbers were yellow there that would be a gorgeous uniform.

That wouldn't help it any. The number font needs to match the Warriors wordmark font. 

On 4/15/2019 at 7:18 PM, BellaSpurs said:

I hate them bc they win a lot and their uniforms are trash. 

I feel like the idea is good but the execution is poor. 

The "bridge cables" on the shorts are too busy and too literal, the color balance, esp on the blue uniforms, is very odd to me. The copperplate numbers are the rotten cherry on top. 

I don't really mind the roundel on the chest, it's a unique element. 

I think the alt they had years ago was poorly executed, they were the first start off the sleeve trend. But if they took the sleeves off, have matching color shorts and remove the pinstripes then it would have been a good alt.  

4312_golden_state_warriors-alternate-2013.gif

On 4/15/2019 at 7:26 PM, pepis21 said:

They already tried that:

spacer.png

And that looks really good, but IDK if it tops their current primary, even if they went yellow on the word mark/numbers.

The Spurs are using vintage colors from their 90s primary logo on their social media profile picture/header for the playoffs:

hBr2SXXT_400x400.png

Is their a return to old school colors planned in the books somewhere?

12 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Is their a return to old school colors planned in the books somewhere?

No. They've been doing this for the last couple years, it's just a marketing thing and nothing more.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:22 AM, pelicanfan said:

I don’t get the hate on the new uniform system. For all I know lakers wearing yellow vs Celtics wearing green is fire. This is the new generation nba. Let them have some fun. I love the idea of being able to question “I wonder what jerseys my team will wear today? I hope they wear the _____ jerseys”. I would get tired of seeing the same jerseys every home and road game. And as for the obsession of white jerseys at home I don’t get that either. I love my fair share of white jersey home games but honestly I don’t understand why the away team is supposedly the ones to show off their main colors while the home team wear white jerseys which generally always don’t show the team colors as much. Shouldn’t the home team be the ones showing off their main colors? Especially if they have a nice matching court?

i don’t see any teams actually “lose their identity” over the new Nike jerseys. Maybe besides the Jazz but in reality they only have two jerseys that aren’t their main identity (yellow city and purple throwbacks which are part of their past identity). Other teams usually only have one jersey that don’t match their identity and that’s just fine. Sometimes you gotta spice things up especially if your team has boring main colors. I’ve never seen any sports league that has much creativity in their jerseys and designing like the nba and we should enjoy that. 

The NBA uniform program captured by a Pelicans fan. Not sure this has come across my mind during the day of a game about what my team might wear but M'kay. The Celtics had "boring" green and white and were fine for years.So too have the Spurs with silver and black. Losing the identity comment, really , the Pistons are wearing black and gray, Utah was one but you caught that one so nice job there.The Kings are a mess, OKC nope(nice whatever you call them jerseys but they won't be wearing them next year). Teams should just have a home and away and the NBA has done a cash grab.Do you also like the company logos on the uniforms also?. BTW, the Pelicans have no identity at all. If “I wonder what jerseys my team will wear today? I hope they wear the _____ jerseys” get you through the day, then God bless you.:notworthy:

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

No. They've been doing this for the last couple years, it's just a marketing thing and nothing more.

Was ab to comment, it’s nothing new, they’ve had stuff like this for a while. If anything it means an alternate is coming but that’s it.

A fiesta Spurs alternate >>>>>> A digi camo Spurs alternate

The black and silver will always embody the seriousness of that franchise, but those bright colors could make for a really nice change of pace. Plus, those classic San Antonio All Star jerseys from the 90's are one of the most popular jerseys I see in real life.

6 hours ago, joekono said:

The NBA uniform program captured by a Pelicans fan. Not sure this has come across my mind during the day of a game about what my team might wear but M'kay. The Celtics had "boring" green and white and were fine for years.So too have the Spurs with silver and black. Losing the identity comment, really , the Pistons are wearing black and gray, Utah was one but you caught that one so nice job there.The Kings are a mess, OKC nope(nice whatever you call them jerseys but they won't be wearing them next year). Teams should just have a home and away and the NBA has done a cash grab.Do you also like the company logos on the uniforms also?. BTW, the Pelicans have no identity at all. If “I wonder what jerseys my team will wear today? I hope they wear the _____ jerseys” get you through the day, then God bless you.:notworthy:

They’re called alternative jerseys for a reason, <MOD EDIT: Keep it civil>. It’s for teams to expand their brand especially when their main brand colors aren’t all that good. Your thunder example and pistons example literally supports my statement. I said for the most part most teams have a set of jerseys with one outlier. And look at the thunder. Blue, navy, orange. All of which are part of their main brand. Their alternative teal blue is the outlier and even that nearly fits in. And the pistons have been wearing black for a while now. You’re probably not even a fan of these teams why should it matter for you? Fans of teams like the Kings and Jazz are probably used to it anyways. You’re just another oldhead who wants the boring old home and away scheme. Once you oldheads start dying surely most nba fans are gonna be used to this. The marketing schemes for these new jerseys obviously caught eye of casual fans thus expanding the nba fanbase. And as for the pelicans, we probably have one of the more recognizable jersey sets. Navy, red, and white. All of which are part of the brand. With the outlier being the Mardi Gras jerseys which are an icon here. So nice try.🤣

38 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

They’re called alternative jerseys for a reason, <MOD EDIT: Keep it civil>. It’s for teams to expand their brand especially when their main brand colors aren’t all that good. Your thunder example and pistons example literally supports my statement. I said for the most part most teams have a set of jerseys with one outlier. And look at the thunder. Blue, navy, orange. All of which are part of their main brand. Their alternative teal blue is the outlier and even that nearly fits in. And the pistons have been wearing black for a while now. You’re probably not even a fan of these teams why should it matter for you? Fans of teams like the Kings and Jazz are probably used to it anyways. You’re just another oldhead who wants the boring old home and away scheme. Once you oldheads start dying surely most nba fans are gonna be used to this. The marketing schemes for these new jerseys obviously caught eye of casual fans thus expanding the nba fanbase. And as for the pelicans, we probably have one of the more recognizable jersey sets. Navy, red, and white. All of which are part of the brand. With the outlier being the Mardi Gras jerseys which are an icon here. So nice try.🤣

That's completely subjective. For me, royal blue and red are great for the Pistons. Navy, gray, and black are not. To me, what isn't arguable is that there certainly is no compelling reason that this monstrosity should be used in over 25% of the games.

Drenew.0.jpg

3 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

That's completely subjective. For me, royal blue and red are great for the Pistons. Navy, gray, and black are not. To me, what isn't arguable is that there certainly is no compelling reason that this monstrosity should be used in over 25% of the games.

Drenew.0.jpg

The statement I was actually referring to was that most teams simply have an outlier jersey. But yes you’re right it is a subjective thing and it only gets out of hand when a team like the pistons overuse it

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Spurs are using vintage colors from their 90s primary logo on their social media profile picture/header for the playoffs:

hBr2SXXT_400x400.png

Man, I miss the Fiesta. They don’t need new uniforms at all (well, they could scrap the camo alts), but I’d sure love a Fiesta court again.

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

Drenew.0.jpg

HOLY HAIRY SHOULDERS!!!

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Good. The Fiesta colors don’t fit at all with the organizational culture under Popovich.

However, if San Antonio’s AAA baseball team wanted to use them, go ahead!