kimball

On 4/25/2019 at 10:43 AM, SFGiants58 said:

New Orleans Jazz sounds awful, due to the syllable dissonance. Two words (one syllable and three syllables) paired with a one-syllable name just doesn’t sound right. 

New Orleans Saints sounds just fine.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Would you use a white backing on all applications or spread parts of the gradient across the wordmark on purple backgrounds?

I like faded-y dark purple, light blue, and copper. It simplifies the '90s color scheme and allows it to work with the "classic" wordmark. Think this colorway:

76v7Q9P.png

I like where you're going here, but it looks a bit drab. Stick with the brighter purple. This one is too similar to the Mighty Ducks. Personally, I think the purple/white/copper of the 90s identity is underrated, but using teal and sky blue was overkill. You made the right choice to drop teal. 

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Sorta looks like an altered version of the old Philadelphia wordmark (look at “arriors”):

spacer.png

Also, though going the opposite way, I see that basketball with the 4-point stars trailing and see something that’d be a great update of the Magic’s original ball. You’d have to place the stars a bit closer to the ball trail, of course, but the idea is there.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

59 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

D5LjpezUwAAlk1l?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting logo and wordmark for the Second round t-shirts. Its cool but not sure if GSW uses this when they move.

This ball looks similar to ball from Pacers logos

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

D5LjpezUwAAlk1l?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting logo and wordmark for the Second round t-shirts. Its cool but not sure if GSW uses this when they move.

With the way those motion lines are going it would never go in the net. Probably should have just not put them in there

9 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The 90s jazz color scheme is really not that good though, bronze, purple, sky blue, black, the gradient, the mountain jerseys, all of it is so 90s and so bad imo. They really need to keep what they have going going because it’s really nice. The forest green, navy, and yellow is great for a team in Salt Lake and their latest update under adidas was fantastic

I agree that what they have with navy, forest green and yellow works.  It looks good. 

However, my favourite Jazz colour scheme will always be the purple, with kelly green and yellow. Just love that these uniforms have returned to be worn at times.  Would love it more if they could be worn all the time as a primary dark uniform.

spacer.png

Besides the Celtics in Black for Game 1 and the Warriors in Grey "The Town" unis in game 2, every team seems to be behaving themselves for the conference semis according to lockervision. That'll probably change once the Nuggets/Blazers series gets on there though.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Anyone else notice that Kyrie has been wearing socks from his signature shoe/clothing line during the playoffs rather than the team-issued Nike NBA socks?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

From scrolling through Getty Images, it looks like he wore the standard Nike NBA socks in Game 1 of the first round, but has worn socks from his signature line in all of the games since then (including today’s Game 1 in Milwaukee). Frankly I’m a bit surprised the league hasn’t stepped in yet and made him wear the standard Nike NBA socks. You can bet if an Adidas, Under Armour, etc. signature player were visibly wearing socks from their signature line or just from those brands in general that Nike would have something to say about it and would probably get the league to step in.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:16 PM, Wade Heidt said:

I agree that what they have with navy, forest green and yellow works.  It looks good. 

However, my favourite Jazz colour scheme will always be the purple, with kelly green and yellow. Just love that these uniforms have returned to be worn at times.  Would love it more if they could be worn all the time as a primary dark uniform.

spacer.png

I don’t wanna be that guy but you can thank the entire culture of New Orleans for those jerseys.

NOTMC_51804_a7990f20-a22a-4c0e-b2bd-706d

The Jazz can keep the name, keep the logo, all that. But if the Jazz made Mardi Gras colors their main colors I would cry my self to sleep lol. But really though. With all the rebranding that’s been happening I think the Jazz might bring back the purple green and gold. Which I would absolutely hate because New Orleans bleed those colors outside of basketball. 

IMG-7122.gif

For the record, though I’ve long been an advocate for the Jazz returning to purple, I’m perfectly okay if it’s not the original color scheme, as great as it may be. Having previously lived in Louisiana as well, I totally get how much more fitting the colors are for New Orleans.

Strictly for looking more “Utah”’s sake, I’d rather them find a way to keep the classic logo but use a variation of the mountains colors, which was a brilliantly “Utah” color scheme. Of course you’d rightfully need to cut down on a few colors to make that work, but purple-sky blue-copper applied to the classic look sounds like a win to me. That way you keep it classic Jazz and still nod to most of the team’s history while looking more like Utah than New Orleans. Great compromise in my mind, and I’d be thrilled for it as a fan.

And if not that, then I’m still a fan of The Admiral’s suggestion too. Either way, purple > navy any day for me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

21 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

Are the Bucks fans wearing BFBS shirts? Also on the court,  the Celtics are wearing their BFBS jerseys! Two green teams avoiding the green! Gross lol.

They were dark green.

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

I don’t wanna be that guy but you can thank the entire culture of New Orleans for those jerseys.

NOTMC_51804_a7990f20-a22a-4c0e-b2bd-706d

The Jazz can keep the name, keep the logo, all that. But if the Jazz made Mardi Gras colors their main colors I would cry my self to sleep lol. But really though. With all the rebranding that’s been happening I think the Jazz might bring back the purple green and gold. Which I would absolutely hate because New Orleans bleed those colors outside of basketball. 

I'd love to see the Pelicans wearing the purple/green/gold more often.

I don't like that color scheme for the Jazz, because the classic logo makes it so that they're pretty much a purple/yellow team when wearing purple uniforms. I wouldn't mind dark green/light blue/faded yellow for the team if they can't do purple.

Archived