kimball

On 4/30/2019 at 8:01 PM, AndrewMLind said:

That’s pretty much a Charlotte Hornets cap. 

I don't disagree. Charlotte's color scheme was innovative at the time. The number of 90's teams that grew into a version of purple and teal is staggering. For what it's worth, the Jazz did have sky blue, copper and black as accent colors in addition to purple and teal. When I speak of the Jazz returning to that scheme, I'd want those accent colors to be a part of it.spacer.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m sorry but outside of the fact they went to the finals in those, those jazz jerseys are easily the worst in their history. If they weren’t aloud the Navy Green and Gold of today, then the next best option is the double blue, then he purple, and dead last the bronze.

You misread my post, I was just talking about the hat. Not about what they should wear currently (which I agree with you on that).

Excellent!

10 hours ago, colortv said:

Am I the only person who thought the late 90's Jazz look was terrific?

Those playoff matchups against the Rockets and Bulls were beautiful.

Also want to post this beautiful jersey matchup:

ap_warriors_suns_231183.jpg?w=1000&h=736

That is indeed a great looking matchup. And I think 90's photography tech (or lack thereof) adds a bit of character to it.

However...the late 90s Jazz uniforms were pretty ugly, in retrospect. And there was too much going on in the logo. The color palette was nice, though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, colortv said:

Am I the only person who thought the late 90's Jazz look was terrific?

This? Terrific? Sure Jan.

4.23.98-980103-1.jpg?fit=876,1300&ssl=1

Now, on the other hand 👌

this_day_05_23.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Oof. I guess I repressed just how awful those Rockets jerseys were. By far the worst of the 90s beauties.

Bucks and Sixers were worse; gradients almost never look good on uniforms.

Outside of the logo right in the middle and the font itself, I liked those Rockets uniforms, but mostly the aways. The bright white pinstripes and the way they slightly fade at the ends on the midnight navy base color, reminds me of shooting stars in the night sky. It's probably a reach thinking that was the intention, but the image below conveys what I mean.

Related image

I don't get most of the 90s nostalgia, I mean are these REALLY that much better than what's worn today?

e1660fccd607c5ccca12728a9d29f0b7.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I don't get most of the 90s nostalgia, I mean are these REALLY that much better than what's worn today?

IMO, the only one that’s superior to current is the Pacers - although I liked the Granger/George era ones better than either the current or 90s.

3 hours ago, kimball said:

Pacers - Yes

Kings - Yes

Bucks - maybe not that particular unit but the purple and green yes.

Bulls - lateral since it's the same really

Hawks - Absolutely Yes

Heat - YES 

Sixers - it's weird because they had 3 different looks in 90s. Those no. Iverson rookie slightly better. Black look I loved it but I see why it wouldn't be liked.

Jazz - Lateral move. 

Suns - Yes

Raptors - 1000% Yes

4 hours ago, kimball said:

Suns and Pacers? Yes. The rest, no....well I like the Bulls alt better than any other alt they’ve had, but it’s not better than their traditional home and roads, that is.

That said, being a 90’s kid, I’ll fully admit that I’d still love seeing most of these as throwback alts even for one game just for nostalgia’s sake and nothing more. And that may partially answer your question as well; for some it may not be that it’s a good design, it’s just that nostalgia hits a certain chord.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The only ones that could truest work would be Miami, Indiana and Phoenix, Miami being a lateral move whilst Indiana being a downgrade and Phoenix the opposite. I would definitely like to the purple come back for Toronto tho and maybe a return of that font

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Raptors - 1000% Yes

024224f60cd77ecc27f2b63b3681b77b--toront

Nostalgia wise, sure I could see why people would like these. They were radical, non-traditional and very much out there. But, they're not better than what they switched and even the uniforms they have today ... and those are BLAND.

kimball banner.png

Archived