kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are people defending the Raptors' 90s uniforms? Stop it. I loved those back in the day. Hell, I was the target demo when they were unveiled (little kid in Southern Ontario who loved Jurassic Park and dinosaurs).

They suck though. They really suck. Every uniform since has been better then the initial set. As someone who was actually around to see that set in action? Yeah. It was neat at the time but it did not age well. At all.

8 hours ago, kimball said:

I don't get most of the 90s nostalgia, I mean are these REALLY that much better than what's worn today?

e1660fccd607c5ccca12728a9d29f0b7.png

I love about half of the jerseys on that list. I only dislike the Cavs, Sixers, Kings and Bucks. The Heat jerseys are meh.

I especially love the Pacers, Bulls, Suns and Jazz. The Raptors, while I like those, I prefer the ones that came after it with the purple front and black back.

But I'm a 90s kid. I'm sure if some team tried to release something similar to those today I'd hate them :lol:

13 hours ago, kimball said:

I don't get most of the 90s nostalgia, I mean are these REALLY that much better than what's worn today?

The Pacers, yes.  I'd loved the Jazz and Suns' sets, but even I can acknowledge their time has passed.  Far as the Bucks...I doubt the road purples from that era will ever be thrown back to (though this tiny sliver of a chance is still greater than ever expecting the Packers to wear 50s throwbacks).  I honestly don't think the home whites will be thrown back to, either.  I do figure, however, that the big Buck set will be worn as throwbacks again.  Alts they may have been, but memorable as hell (and green) alts.  Almost makes me forget the various things I associate with the purple era: "Milwaukee?  Damn!" - mediocrity - getting cheated out of a Finals appearance - the Ray Allen trade - back to mediocrity/outright sucking.

The Heat alt...I remember kinda liking it at the time....but damn it didn't age well.  I'd rather see the Cavs go back to black/blue/orange, that's how badly the Heat alt shows its age.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Are people defending the Raptors' 90s uniforms? Stop it. I loved those back in the day. Hell, I was the target demo when they were unveiled (little kid in Southern Ontario who loved Jurassic Park and dinosaurs).

They suck though. They really suck. Every uniform since has been better then the initial set. As someone who was actually around to see that set in action? Yeah. It was neat at the time but it did not age well. At all.

I thought the old Raptors logo and uniforms were a reference to the Rugrats at the time around the early 2000's.

(Don't question me; I was too young.)

You say that like that Melo-era alternate is bad when, in fact, 2008-09 is the best Denver has ever looked (home, road and alternate, all three of which featured the shimmer fabric) or played.

FWIW, the rainbow skyline jerseys were fun, but nostalgia overrates them.

I would go further and say that the Suns are not a good look. Giant basketball/sun taking up the chest space where a wordmark would go, with the actual wordmark off to the side? No thanks. The color scheme is great though.

ExJworW.png

17 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Nuggets keep wearing their royal blue "Mile High City" alts on the road. They might as well just wave the white flag and admit that switching to navy blue was a bad choice.

Even these are still better by comparison...

spacer.png

I used to have this jersey. One of my favorite alts.

Dubs Rockets is sooooo much better this year. Last year was so lame and bland. Wish yellow vs red and yellow vs black was on the schedule. Warriors in yellow is just so nice, especially at home. Need to stop wearing black and wear yellow instead.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, kimball said:

Pacers: Yes, but the current look is strong too. 

Kings: No.

Bucks: God no.

Bulls: Yes, better than the current black alt. 

Hawks: No. 

Heat: No. 

Sixers: Heck no. 

Cavs: No. 

Rockets: Hahaha no. 

Jazz: Yes. 

Suns: Hell yes. 

Raptors: No. 

But I don’t think that’s the point. The 90s were a distinctive time for NBA design, and many of those sets have sentimental value. It doesn’t hurt that the 90s was the NBA’s greatest decade, and many of its fans (and CCSLCers) came of age during that time. 

Whether you love the 90's uniforms or hate them, I think we can all agree that they're memorable. I may not love all of the 90's designs, but I do love the rush of nostalgia I feel every time I see them. spacer.png

Can’t forget these “beauties” in the 90’s as well. Not only a 90’s look, but a complete 360 from the classic color scheme. 

spacer.png

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

Archived