kimball

That logo is by far their best ever, and they made a huge mistake by getting rid of it. 

I know it wasn't very prominent during the Ben Wallace era, but that's all the more reason not to get rid of it...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, clr2420 said:

Can’t forget these “beauties” in the 90’s as well. Not only a 90’s look, but a complete 360 from the classic color scheme. 

spacer.png

A complete 180.

360 puts you back where you started.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Ark said:

That logo is by far their best ever, and they made a huge mistake by getting rid of it. 

I know it wasn't very prominent during the Ben Wallace era, but that's all the more reason not to get rid of it...

I like the current logo that was introduced the other year a lot, but this would be number 2. A shame about the color scheme it used. I wouldn’t mind seeing something with the horsepower theme as a secondary logo; all of those have been terrible since the horseball logo was retired.

But then, other than the primary logo, the Pistons have been terrible creatively since the red alts were discontinued.

10 hours ago, M4One said:

What exactly is wrong with the red Heat jersey?  Doesn't seem to be nothing wrong with it that makes you barf.

It wasn’t terrible at all - I dare say it was even decent - but it did have some problems. The question was whether or not those uniforms were better than what teams are wearing today, and that particular Heat uniform is not better than the red one now, in my opinion.

It wasn’t a carbon copy of them of course, but it always kind of struck me as treading a little close into Bulls-ish territory and it really needed some orange to set it apart like the home and road uniforms had (or swap the text and number colors to be white outlined in black, at the very least). Again, not carbon copy, but my first thought every time I ever saw it from childhood was that it reminded me of the Bulls and I didn’t think that was the best thing when there were things they could’ve done to make it different. Plus - and this was a problem with all three uniforms in that set - the wordmark was a bit wonky and not very well rendered. If I’m choosing between the current red uniform and that one, I think the current is just better executed. 

That all said, there are elements of the original Heat identity that I still really love. Black-red-orange was a great color scheme and the way the colors were distributed on the home and roads was very effective in my opinion. I even thought the gradient ball was awesome. It was pretty much just the jersey wordmark and the multiple outlines of the home numbers, as well as the aforementioned alternate stuff, that needed work.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Honestly, I feel like the only 90s jerseys that should return full-time are the Hornets' original set (and the purple alt with the side panels, to mix it up a bit). The design still holds up incredibly well today, and the nostalgia is absolutely there. Plus, being the original set to really exemplify the 90s style of jersey design (with other teams like the Jazz and Grizzlies feeling derivative with the teal, though I wouldn't complain if the Grizz go back to teal), they didn't stumble over themselves to clutter the jerseys. They're clean and simple, yet unique and distinctly 90s. Not to mention, a return to these beauts would hopefully accompany an updated version of the original Hornets logo, similar to the last NOLA Hornets logo, which would probably be the best logo in the league.

the user formerly known as cdclt

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

A complete 180.

360 puts you back where you started.

Touché 

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Honestly, I feel like the only 90s jerseys that should return full-time are the Hornets' original set (and the purple alt with the side panels, to mix it up a bit). The design still holds up incredibly well today, and the nostalgia is absolutely there. Plus, being the original set to really exemplify the 90s style of jersey design (with other teams like the Jazz and Grizzlies feeling derivative with the teal, though I wouldn't complain if the Grizz go back to teal), they didn't stumble over themselves to clutter the jerseys. They're clean and simple, yet unique and distinctly 90s. Not to mention, a return to these beauts would hopefully accompany an updated version of the original Hornets logo, similar to the last NOLA Hornets logo, which would probably be the best logo in the league.

I love Rockwell Condensed Bold and the original pinstripe design. My only requirements for modernization would be to replace the blue outlines on the wordmarks with purple and to Charlotte-ify the NOLA Hugo.

39jn6aalbk2r3go280gf0luiv.gif

Stick the honeycomb back on his shoes and you'd have something. It's better than this:

8865_charlotte__hornets_-secondary-2015.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:01 PM, Ark said:

The horse logo in the team's classic colors is by far my favorite Pistons logo. See below -- it's a thing of beauty.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

On 5/5/2019 at 8:30 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Hornets' original set (and the purple alt with the side panels, to mix it up a bit). 

Purple alt with the side panels?? Are you saying they should bring that back, or create a new uni?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:31 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I love Rockwell Condensed Bold and the original pinstripe design. My only requirements for modernization would be to replace the blue outlines on the wordmarks with purple and to Charlotte-ify the NOLA Hugo.

Stick the honeycomb back on his shoes and you'd have something. It's better than this:

8865_charlotte__hornets_-secondary-2015.

Exactly. I hate that it happened in NOLA, but the updated Hugo is beautiful.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Purple alt with the side panels?? Are you saying they should bring that back, or create a new uni?

Bring it back, as an alt. Have the white/colored be the ones from the original set, then bring back the purple side panel unis as alts.

On May 5, 2019 at 10:31 PM, SFGiants58 said:

As an entomologist, the Hornets have one of my favorite brands in sports but that hornet should really have another set of arms. It might look a little goofy at first but I think it would be a nice touch for the sake of accuracy.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

42 minutes ago, JTernup said:

As an entomologist, the Hornets have one of my favorite brands in sports but that hornet should really have another set of arms. It might look a little goofy at first but I think it would be a nice touch for the sake of accuracy.

The current Hornets logo does, I believe. However, it's not like the classic Hugo was trying to be accurate, lol.

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yea, but from what little I have been seeing, Portland's basically red and black, no white, Toronto is white and black, little red.  At least that pic has a good balance of the three.

Fair enough, I thought you were talking more so from a color repetition standpoint

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Portland v. Toronto seems like it would be the most boring monochrome finals ever.

Just be glad the nets didn't wear black and white back in 2003 against the spurs. 😨

Bucks Blazers would not only be my choice as a fan of basketball, but also would be a great uniform matchup, and unless Nike botches it (and we all know they will) bucks green and Portland’s black/red will provide some great uniform matchups, specifically in portland

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived