kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nxxkx said:

memphis logo update not on the site yet?

They haven't been officially released.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Saw this on the UniWatch feed. 

Do you think this a new Milwaukee full-time court or for one of their statement jerseys? It's kelly green and a bit jazzy on the edges. @Conrad. would you know anything about it or an similar looking jersey?

DiWZfyuUwAEqLcF.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 minutes ago, kimball said:

Do you think this a new Milwaukee full-time court or for one of their statement jerseys? It's kelly green and a bit jazzy on the edges. @Conrad. would you know anything about it or an similar looking jersey?

DiWZfyuUwAEqLcF.jpg

Interesting. So far they've only shown the 'Fear the Deer' black court at the new arena. Disappointed that the nod to Robert Indiana court is gone if this is the case.  Just put those sublimated M's on there

On 7/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, kimball said:

DiWZfyuUwAEqLcF.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBgztWfyFTTKJkFuvnoEJ

u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

Could be using a City Edition version of these? Or current uniform with lighter green?

Definitely not throwbacks cause Conrad already confirmed the 8 teams slated for throwbacks.

shado_logo.gif

^^^The Bucks are getting a new primary court design, and it looks like that is probably it. I'm thinking the lighting might be making the green look lighter than it really is...but the double green camo pattern is very interesting. The fear the deer court will be the same as last season.

5 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

Why are the NCAA paint lines present for the Bucks' new court? I thought I would never ever see them again. But then again, Atlanta has had them since their latest rebrand so it's not surprising to me anymore. 

Probably because it's the way basketball courts should be.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Probably because it's the way basketball courts should be.

There’s absolutely no function for those lines on an NBA court. Thus, they shouldn’t be present unless a college team uses the same floor (which doesn’t happen, either). Likewise, a proper college court doesn’t have the NBA lane lines, nor does a FIBA court have any lines beside the trapezoidal ones that define the lane under those rules.

Having lines on your court or field that don’t apply to your game is the territory of high schools and colleges that don’t have the budget for dedicated fields and courts for each sport.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

There’s absolutely no function for those lines on an NBA court. Thus, they shouldn’t be present unless a college team uses the same floor (which doesn’t happen, either). Likewise, a proper college court doesn’t have the NBA lane lines, nor does a FIBA court have any lines beside the trapezoidal ones that define the lane under those rules.

Having lines on your court or field that don’t apply to your game is the territory of high schools and colleges that don’t have the budget for dedicated fields and courts for each sport.

Even if there's no real reason for it, I've been used to it for my entire life. How long have courts been that way? The early 80's? It just looks better.

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Likewise, a proper college court doesn’t have the NBA lane lines, nor does a FIBA court have any lines beside the trapezoidal ones that define the lane under those rules.

We don't have trapezoidal paints since 2010. :)

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

We don't have trapezoidal paints since 2010. :)

Well, either way, they only put the lines applicable to the game at hand on there. ?

The only pass I give for this is tennis, because they play singles and doubles on the same courts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Well, either way, they only put the lines applicable to the game at hand on there. ?

Yes that's right, the only difference between NBA paint and FIBA is free throw circle, NBA got full one (don't know why) and FIBA got only one half.

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Yes that's right, the only difference between NBA paint and FIBA is free throw circle, NBA got full one (don't know why) and FIBA got only one half.

Because the NBA still has a jump ball near the baskets and no possession arrow 

spacer.png

Archived