kimball

Nike should kill their stupid naming schemes for next season. It is confusing to the fans and most people dont care that it is the "Statement" or "City" or whatever jersey. It is quite ridiculous that alternate names have turned into marketing speak

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Nike should kill their stupid naming schemes for next season. It is confusing to the fans and most people dont care that it is the "Statement" or "City" or whatever jersey. It is quite ridiculous that alternate names have turned into marketing speak

agreed that it is dumb.  But to be honest I've never really heard or used them in casual disccusion so I almost consider it a non-issue.  Personally, I just say "oh the Wiz are wearing their red uniforms at home today" (or insert other team name and other color)

90758391980.gif

Not to be that guy, but many of the comments aren't discussing actual news or changes but a wish list. Should this be In the general sports section instead until we have more actual news?

13 hours ago, tohasbo said:

As does Oklahoma City, Dallas, and quite frankly Brooklyn can use an upgrade on EVERYTHING.  The whole Black and White has run the course for me.

Brooklyn’s look is great. Simple & timeless. It should remain untouched, just fix the city uniform with another design (would love to see a design based on the tie-dyes) 

The Mavs current set doesn’t look bad either compared to OKC or Orlando. 

As for the Rockets? Nike couldn’t even fit the uniform design onto the new templates. They had to dismember the shoulder stripes to fit the new template. That’s pretty bad. And considering now they have a new owner, they are a solid bet for a rebrand very soon.

NYCdog.png

On 1/16/2018 at 1:14 AM, OaklandIsBack said:

1988-2018 minus a few but who's counting

To their credit, it does say 30 years, which is not the same as 30 seasons. Even though they missed a few seasons, 30 years is still accurate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Teal said:

I'm really hoping we get a throwback teal Pistons jersey. The horse set is one of my all time favourites.

That's too bad the, teal is despised here in Detroit. There is a small minority of people who like it but for the most part it is hated here. A bad boys throwback or the lightning bolt throwback would be way better. Or at least bringing back a red uniform.

5 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

That's too bad the, teal is despised here in Detroit. There is a small minority of people who like it but for the most part it is hated here. A bad boys throwback or the lightning bolt throwback would be way better. Or at least bringing back a red uniform.

Well that’s a shame...

Jaguars

12 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

:( 

So now the NBA is taking a page from the NFL and taking creativity out of their special event logos ... greaaaaat.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

I can believe the teal was despised, it seems to have been introduced only a few short years after the back to back titles in 89 and 90.

Archived