Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Jazz and Clippers really do have the most boring branding in major sports. Not only is color scheme horrible, but the center court logo is....just a basketball?

 

The choice to put a basketball in the middle of the court instead of their music note really baffles me. They have a memorable logo that they should embrace, but they rather embrace a element of their secondary logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The uniform selection in NBA 2K19 is incredible. Alot of gems and rarities that I wasn't expecting.

 

 

They added a ton of uniforms that have been missing for years. I really like the addition of home and away versions for some of those classic sets. Unfortunately they also scrapped a lot of alternates that I liked using. Hopefully 2k20 will go overkill and add every possible uniform combination from each team's respective franchise. I can dream, right? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Pengin. said:

 

The choice to put a basketball in the middle of the court instead of their music note really baffles me. They have a memorable logo that they should embrace, but they rather embrace a element of their secondary logo

As a Jazz fan, I appreciate the homage to the '95-'96 court. Fun fact: the Jazz updated their brand to the purple mountain motif for the '95 season, but the new mountain court was deemed too slick and therefore unsafe to play on. The Jazz had to revert to the previous music note court and used it for the entire season. Usually I wouldn't be able to stand such a mismatch of branding, but for some reason there's something endearing about that story. jazz.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kimball said:

 

It's great to see 2K is still on top of their jersey accuracy. ?

Wow New Orleans Hornets throwbacks, that team supposedly never existed! What’s with the enlarged numbers for some of these. I bet there’s also inaccurate fonts for the NOB. Can’t wait to see how the Pac Man Hawks have been butchered. Nice to see the Magic TMac era jerseys make an appearance, although the star background on the blue seems off. No Floridians for the Heat? Finally, wrong font on the Dubs Run TMC throwbacks again smh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also last season I believe the Lakers wore their MPLS retroes in an away game at the Wolves. Has there been any other real life instances of a current team playing at their former city wearing retroes with the former city name? I remember doing this on the old NBA Live, which had the Dallas version of the Spurs throwbacks, and playing in Dallas with that jersey. I also remember playing as the Pelicans vs. the Bobcats in Charlotte wearing the Charlotte a Hornets teal jerseys too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

As a Jazz fan, I appreciate the homage to the '95-'96 court. Fun fact: the Jazz updated their brand to the purple mountain motif for the '95 season, but the new mountain court was deemed too slick and therefore unsafe to play on. The Jazz had to revert to the previous music note court and used it for the entire season. Usually I wouldn't be able to stand such a mismatch of branding, but for some reason there's something endearing about that story. jazz.jpeg

 

This was actually the 1996-97 season. The Jazz only used the old court for a couple of weeks.

 

Also, looking back on that court I realize just how much I hate that it was practically maroon and not purple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

 

This was actually the 1996-97 season. The Jazz only used the old court for a couple of weeks.

 

Also, looking back on that court I realize just how much I hate that it was practically maroon and not purple.

Yeah, I butchered the dates. I noticed the 50th anniversary logo after I posted. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kimball said:

 

 

New Jazz court for the upcoming year. Won't lie ... I don't like the look. 

Guys this is what happened I have the inside scoop from a reliable source.

 

Stupid Guy running Operations: "I have a really stupid idea how about we remove the paint colors from our Jazz basketball court.

 

Sheep Exec 1:

Oh that's a great idea!

 

Sheep Exec 2:Oh wow yeah that's the new trend!

 

Common sense Exec 3: How about we just keep it the same and not have a boring ass Court like Denver Nuggets New Orleans Pelicans and a few other teams?"Or we can change the colors to the Stockton-Malone years?

 

*Executive 3 is promptly thrown out the window*

 

Boardroom-Meeting-Suggestion.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Nuggets, they still practicing in old stuff.

 

14 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

Wow New Orleans Hornets throwbacks, that team supposedly never existed! What’s with the enlarged numbers for some of these. I bet there’s also inaccurate fonts for the NOB. Can’t wait to see how the Pac Man Hawks have been butchered. Nice to see the Magic TMac era jerseys make an appearance, although the star background on the blue seems off. No Floridians for the Heat? Finally, wrong font on the Dubs Run TMC throwbacks again smh...

 

Add to this wrong collar for Rev30 Wolves, weird collar for Bogut era Bucks, red outline on 76ers wordmark in blue alternate from 1999, etc, etc.

 

22 hours ago, kimball said:

New Jazz court for the upcoming year. Won't lie ... I don't like the look. 

 

This change is completely unnecessary and

BoB1QUzIEAEL1D_.jpg

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kimball said:

 

New Jazz court for the upcoming year. Won't lie ... I don't like the look. 

 

You know what color would make this court look good?...

 

#Purplejacked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 7:06 AM, Old School Fool said:

The uniform selection in NBA 2K19 is incredible. Alot of gems and rarities that I wasn't expecting.

 

 

 

It's odd that the 17-18 City unis are not listed. But I'm ecstatic at all the new unis in the game. EA should take notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

You know what color would make this court look good?...

 

#Purplejacked

 

Agreed. I do wonder if they'll change the outside to purple for the throwback games. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

From insider source: Miami Heat Vice jersey will be in black this season, with a Vice themed court! ?

 

I expected the black version. But, I’m beyond happy they’ll have a themed court. That was the worst part about the look when they played in them at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

From insider source: Miami Heat Vice jersey will be in black this season, with a Vice themed court! ?

tenor.gif?itemid=6233544

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 12:51 AM, DG_Now said:

No one liked this aesthetic, but they brought it back anyway.

 

GettyImages-726913.jpg

 

This what a team does that doesn't believe in its identity. What a waste.

 

these are much better than the current uniforms, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is absolutely amazing and easily the best uniform they've ever had. I would love for them use this as a test for a Native American themed rebrand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.