kimball

12 hours ago, keynote said:

I like that OKC wordmark -- but is that black and not navy?  ?  If black:  why not go with navy? 

Especially with the accents on the shorts being navy (in that pic)....

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, bowld said:

Thunder City uni??

DmwnpGtVsAYd20h.jpg:large

What would everyone here think of the logo on the waistband as the next primary logo? I like it much better without the navy/back fill and outline seen across the chest. The native patterns around 'OKC' would make for an incredibly unique and instantly recognizable logo amongst all of the circular logos in the NBA.

I had been working on a native-themed concept 2 or 3 years ago (see spoiler below), so I'm thrilled to see the team moving in this direction. It makes too much sense. Might need to update my concept using that waistband logo. 

Spoiler

7bbd4140914003.57955ea3532fb.png
b15ed540914003.5791ba6362c01.png

d88f1240914003.5791ba6363142.png

65354340914003.5791ba63636e3.png6f022d40914003.5791ba6362013.png

1d791e40914003.5791ba6363d93.png

I pulled the blue from the Oklahoma flag, and went with an electric yellow and dark gray to mimic storm clouds with lightning and rain. I liked the idea of using stormy colors over the current sunset colors.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

It so much better than last year "City" and if they want to do a rebranding this could be a good base (unpopular opinion: I actually like their current uniforms). Blue color is probalby the same like nike using on N7 uniforms.

I only wonder when nike will run out of ideas with "City" uniforms with this one year cycle.

4r2eer.png

I really love that OKC uniform.  They could really embrace that design aspect and run with it.  it's a good way to honor the Native American Tribes in the area and they can still keep the Thunder name as well.  I really hope this is testing the waters for a rebrand down the road. 

My only issue from what I've seen is the lack of any sort of design on the arms and neck.  They could easily put the waistband design on there and I think they'd really be onto something.

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

What would everyone here think of the logo on the waistband as the next primary logo? I like it much better without the navy/back fill and outline seen across the chest. The native patterns around 'OKC' would make for an incredibly unique and instantly recognizable logo amongst all of the circular logos in the NBA.

I had been working on a native-themed concept 2 or 3 years ago (see spoiler below), so I'm thrilled to see the team moving in this direction. It makes too much sense. Might need to update my concept using that waistband logo. 

Hide contents

7bbd4140914003.57955ea3532fb.png
b15ed540914003.5791ba6362c01.png

d88f1240914003.5791ba6363142.png

65354340914003.5791ba63636e3.png6f022d40914003.5791ba6362013.png

1d791e40914003.5791ba6363d93.png

I pulled the blue from the Oklahoma flag, and went with an electric yellow and dark gray to mimic storm clouds with lightning and rain. I liked the idea of using stormy colors over the current sunset colors.

I like this, you just don't need the feathers on the primary and the thunder script on home & home alt

42 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

Came across this today. Anyone else see this? Photoshop or real deal?

a1_Luka_Doncic.jpg

That's just fugly.

That uniform design is beyond worn out.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, Teal said:

Not much unfortunately at this point. 

The Rockets City set is the same colour as last seasons AS Roma home kit. 

Lakers set is purple. Bucks yellow with green. Hornets is white. 

Also there will be matching warm ups with every City set which is a neat touch this season. 

those sound terrible. i never thought i'd say this, but nike has given me jersey fatigue.. yearly new uniforms (+ the dumb names for each uniform and sneak free for all) that are not tied to a team's identity/history is head-spinning. 

- a lifelong nba fan who has always had an interest in uniforms

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Here are some City warm ups that will be coming out:

692gaw.jpg

Chinese characters. Looks like the Yao branding lives on.

But Wine & Gold for the Rockets City Uniforms? Was this part of a failed plan to lure Lebron? 

10529847-large.jpg

NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, ChicagoOakland said:

And they STILL can't get the Run-TMC era Warriors number font right.

Didnt the league have everything digitized in the early-1990s? It can’t be that hard to trace the font from examples on auction websites/the Warriors’ personal archives (I think they have some).

Archived