kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's something kinda gross about "jersey unveils" for the addition of a corporate sponsor.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That’s beautiful. 

It also helps illustrate how dark and dreary the Jazz’s primary set is. 

The mothership took care of that for us.

Utah-Jazz-Classic-Throwback-Uniform-2019

Look at that! The green is damn near invisible on the current unis, but leaps off the retro.

Worse, ever since the switch to blue in 04, I've had so many (dumb) arguments with people who claim that the blue is "basically purple." Even on here.

Rub your eyes clear and take a good long look.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

44 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

The mothership took care of that for us.

Utah-Jazz-Classic-Throwback-Uniform-2019

Look at that! The green is damn near invisible on the current unis, but leaps off the retro.

Worse, ever since the switch to blue in 04, I've had so many (dumb) arguments with people who claim that the blue is "basically purple." Even on here.

Rub your eyes clear and take a good long look.

I actually like the dark blue, but I'm with you on the green. I wish it was brighter. Maybe not as bright as the old green, but it needs to be brighter and pop alongside the gold.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, Digby said:

It's fun as a throwback, but those colors are ultimately a bit gaudy as well ... still think the current Jazz set would be perfect if the navy was adjusted to be a midpoint between navy and indigo.

It’s sports, being gaudy isn’t a bad thing especially if the color scheme blows the current set out of the water. 

On 9/11/2018 at 6:15 PM, keynote said:

Are the Wizards removing the "dc" from the front of the shorts?  ?  On Fanatics.com:

This listing is for the "Washington Wizards Nike Icon Swingman Basketball Shorts – Red":

ff_2718050alt1_full.jpg&w=900

This listing is for the "Washington Wizards Nike 2018/19 Icon Edition Swingman Shorts - Red":

ff_3004734alt1_full.jpg&w=900

Actually, I think that might be a graphical error -- that else, or a design choice by Nike that's specific to their swingman replicas.  

Here's a pic of new Wizards rookie Troy Brown, taken during his official photo shoot.  The shorts still have the dc logo.

1 hour ago, skip88 said:

No talk about the  shoes the players will be wearing? Believe the ban on crazy colors are gone? Get ready for a clown show 

Nothing is gonna change really, players didn’t care about the fines and wore what they wanted to wear anyway. Players have been wearing non team color shoes for a decent amount of time now. Only difference is they don’t have equipment managers complaining about it.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:15 PM, keynote said:

Are the Wizards removing the "dc" from the front of the shorts?  ?  On Fanatics.com:

This listing is for the "Washington Wizards Nike Icon Swingman Basketball Shorts – Red":

ff_2718050alt1_full.jpg&w=900

This listing is for the "Washington Wizards Nike 2018/19 Icon Edition Swingman Shorts - Red":

ff_3004734alt1_full.jpg&w=900

The lack of a DC logo is probably an error, but the big change to the swingman shorts for 2018-19 is that they have pockets.

I got a pair of swingman shorts last year, and they were so comfortable, I said I would never wear anything else if they just had pockets. Nike called my bluff!

Archived